Loader for old Ford

/ Loader for old Ford #1  

milkman

Elite Member
Ky. Between Dead Horse Holler and Yellowbank
Tractor
BX2200, BCS 735
I happened upon an old Ford one arm loader, I think it is for sale if there's an interest for one. I don't know what models they fit or what they're worth. I didn't ask what he wanted for it, the man said he used to own a Ford 2000, don't know if it was on that tractor.

/ Loader for old Ford #2  
the 1 arm loaders came in 2 styles and 2 types.

711 and 722. 722 models had the hyd sump in the frame and a valve pack on it along with a pump kit.

711 used external hyds.

either could be trip bucket or DA bucket.

on the loader upright there is a 'box' that attaches the laoder to the side bracket of the tractor. the long box is about 5.5" from leading edge of box to mast measured in the center. that loader is for a 4 cyl prior model. the 3 cyl models used a 3.5" box.

Ford made conversion brackets for fordson dexta, 8n, and naa. those 3 bracket sets are the rareist.

fromt here, all the ag model 4 cyl used the same bracket set.. from the naa thru 64 the front bracket is the same. from 55+ 00 series thru 64 the hip bracket is the same, so is the lower bracket. There was a rowcrop frot bracket added for the 7xx/9xx/2000/4000 4 cyl rowcrops.

the rowcrop front bracket is rare.. BUT easy to copy with a torch and mild steel.. as is the ag model front bracket.

the trans side bracket is the difficult one to copy. it has a few compound curves in it. I HAVE seen them copied.. but it is uncommon to do so. due to steering arm interference.. copies for a ag model ar even more difficult. a copy for a rowcrop will be easier with no left side steerig arm to deal with.

8n brackets utilize an engine bar.. could be duped. front hanger could be torched.

it and the naa have an under steering box flat plate bracket that could be duped as well. uprigth side trans bracket on both could be duped.. again.. with difficulty.

the 3 cyl brackets are hard to find. especially the LCG models.

The loaders themselves generally have a value of 50-150$ depending on bucket condition and if it is a trip or hyd bucket. The bracket set , depending on style can add another 100-150$ to that. All of the brackets are getting scarce these days.. but the trans bracket for the 4 cyl prior model will be the most common trans bracket to find. the lower strap bracket and the frot hanger bracket for the 53-64 can be torched out of plate steel, as can the rocrop front bracket, plus a lil welding..e tc.

value will depend on condition and bracket set.

I've bought loaders JUST to get their brackets.

i own a half dozen or more of these laoders.. curretly fitted on a naa thru the rowcrop 4 cyl series and a 3 cyl ag model.

/ Loader for old Ford #3  
CAUTION; the one arm loader may be addicting.

/ Loader for old Ford #4  
they are.. ;)