What's my 53 Ford Jubilee worth?

/ What's my 53 Ford Jubilee worth? #1  

jwcinpk

Veteran Member
Tractor
2009 Mahindra 3316 HST-2008 Mahindra 7010 cab - 2004 Mahindra 6000 4X4
What\'s my 53 Ford Jubilee worth?

I will be trading in my old Ford on a new tractor or selling it and wondered what you thought it was worth. Body is rough. Engine and 12 volt charge system are in good shape. Have added an over running clutch to the pto so something doesn't push you around. Has one new back tire. One good treaded older one with a few seasoning cracks. Frt rubber is 75%. Paint is not too good. Lights don't work. Basically a mechanically sound tractor that needs cosmetics. What do you think? /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif I'll try to attach a picture later.

/ What's my 53 Ford Jubilee worth? #2  
Re: What\'s my 53 Ford Jubilee worth?

As a "trade in" don't expect much. Maybe $750 to $1500. The dealers don't want old iron. I recently sold a restored Oliver for $3550, the trade in offers I got from dealers were $1000 and $1500. The told me outright they didn't even want the tractor. Both have old Fords on their lots, been there all summer, one is asking $3000 for a beat up old Ford 600 that looks like a barn fell on it, the other has a rough 8N on the lot. Both just lumped my restored Oliver into that category of tractor. Unfortunately, old iron is not worth much in the trade in market, but is still desireble by a lot of people. As yours in a Jubilee, there is some significant collector interest in that model, you'd probably be better off finding collectors.

/ What's my 53 Ford Jubilee worth? #3  

I agree with Bob.. trade in value will be nill.. go for outright sale.

Tractor prices are fairly regional.. also, supply and demand affect prices. Are fords prevalent in your area? If not... you can command a slightly higher price.

Good engine/bad sheet metal will appeal to the people who still want to work the tractor.. but will still attract restorers.. etc.

Try fixing some o f the small problems that you don't really have to sink money into.. anything fixed on it will help the price.

I notice you said the lights dont work.. is that because they are still the old 6v lights, and you now have 12v?
My NAA was that way.. the original tractor-lites shells and 6v bulbs were one it.. with the wires cut when they went to 12v.

If the 6v lamps are still intact, you can take them apart and with a bit of creative wiring, wire the 2 6v bulbs in series, and run them off the 12v.
Make your circuit positive from battery.. to switch, to light 1 + terminal, from light 1 - terminal to light 2 + terminal, from light 2 - terminal to tractor frame for ground. Down side to this is that if one of the lights goes out.. they both go out.. but on the other hand.. lets you get some use out of the 6v lights on that 12v machine...and is easy for the new owner to convert back when he changes the lamps out.. etc.

Soundguy

/ What's my 53 Ford Jubilee worth? #4  

As for price.. hard to say. I purchased my NAA from a dealers lot who had taken it in on trade.. and as we mentioned.. he probably didn't give the guy much, as i picked it up for 2000. Had rough sheet metal, and a low tire.. 12v upgrade with loose belt, and bad wiring.. but started and ran and charged.. just squealed alot.

A better looking one would be closer to 3, with a cherry one maybee 4000 if really special.

The reson the prices stay low, is that the ford 600 and 800 series are also in that price range, with a few more features and hp than the jubilees/NAA.

Soundguy

/ What's my 53 Ford Jubilee worth? #5  

</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Body is rough. )</font>

</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Basically a mechanically sound tractor that needs cosmetics. )</font>

From your description, your tractor sounds to me like it is probably worth $2,500 to $3,000 on the open market. I bought my Jubilee 13 years ago with lots of cosmetic problems and it smoked some when it warmed up. It wasn't a "misquito killer," with the smoke, but it would foul plugs pretty regularly. Anyhow, I paid $2,200 for the tractor and it had lots of dents, rust, and deterioration. The hydraulics were fair and the wheels had serious rust problems. I'll attach a few pictures so you can judge how it looks. As you know, looks have nothing to do with how well a tractor works, but it will sure hurt you on resale. Good luck.

Attachments

• 324047-Scan337.jpg
    324047-Scan337.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 3,522
   / What's my 53 Ford Jubilee worth? #6  

Another view...

Attachments

• 324048-Scan339.jpg
    324048-Scan339.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 3,726
   / What's my 53 Ford Jubilee worth? #7  

Final picture.

Attachments

• 324049-Scan341.jpg
    324049-Scan341.jpg
    54.4 KB · Views: 4,170
   / What's my 53 Ford Jubilee worth?

Thanks for your input guys. I believe I'll just trade in the Massey 135 and try to sell this one outright. I'd be happy to get 2200to 2500 for it. It's in a little better shape than the one pictured but not alot. It's not eating anything and I can always use it to rake hay or bush hog or I'm sure I acn find a million more reasons to keep it but I doubt the wife will like them.

/ What's my 53 Ford Jubilee worth? #9  

Jim:

You ARE going to make that tractor pretty again? No blue paint though. /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

/ What's my 53 Ford Jubilee worth? #10  

Jim

Just a question, but those are the "before" pictures. . . right? What's it look like now that you fixed it up?

You did fix it up?