Need Help Identifying Ford Tractor

/ Need Help Identifying Ford Tractor #11  
for 2500-3500$ you can get a good ford in the 55-64 years. 6xx/7xx/8xx/9xx models.. or a 4 cyl 2000/4000

and they wil be 2-3x more tractor than a 2n.. etc..

possibly have power steering and live pto

/ Need Help Identifying Ford Tractor #12  
yup... and all will have live hyds. even migth find diesel. heck.. could find independent pto too. :)

/ Need Help Identifying Ford Tractor #13  
oval radius rods indicate a 2n 44 or later.

If it is a non runner.. I'd be hard pressed to give more than 500.. and would opt to pay more like 350...

I agree with these prices. Slightly higher if it has a sherman trans, lever just behind the starter bump. Looks like it's been sitting a while and with no radiator cap you might want to check for a cracked block,usually around the oil filter area, water in the oil, Stuck engine and stuck clutch. Staying with low $ numbers on this one and you probably won't get hurt.

Kirk

/ Need Help Identifying Ford Tractor #14  
For a non-runner in unknown condition, and tires that arent good, Dont pay more than scrap prices.

Then you can get it home, figure out what all it needs before you start buying parts.

Tip top nicely restored and rebuilt 9n/2n's only go for ~2k. So that dont leave much room for parts and labor.

IF the tires are good, I'd go scrap price + whatever the tires are worth and no more. Then if it needs too much to be worth restoring, part it out.

/ Need Help Identifying Ford Tractor #15  
yep. it's easy to moneypit one that is too far gone.. vs paying a lil more upfront and being ahead int he end.

I have a 950 that was sooo beat that even getting it for 900$ i had a hard time staying in budget. and that was using up 75% of my spares ont he shelf too, and finding some decent tinwork from a friend too.

thank goodness she RAN good. If her engine needed a rebuild.. or needed a trans..e tc.. I'd have parted her..

For a non-runner in unknown condition, and tires that arent good, Dont pay more than scrap prices.

Then you can get it home, figure out what all it needs before you start buying parts.

Tip top nicely restored and rebuilt 9n/2n's only go for ~2k. So that dont leave much room for parts and labor.

IF the tires are good, I'd go scrap price + whatever the tires are worth and no more. Then if it needs too much to be worth restoring, part it out.