Ford 861 Power Steering Belt

/ Ford 861 Power Steering Belt #1  

ideburger

Tractor
Ford 861
I am a relatively new tractor owner and have a '62 ford 861. Does anyone know the proper belt size for the power steering pump? It appears like mine is too long. Adjustment is all the way tight and the belt is still slipping.

/ Ford 861 Power Steering Belt #2  
Standard 6Volt or 12Volt conversion? You can alway take the old belt with you down to the auto parts store and just get the next size smaller if needed.

Kirk

/ Ford 861 Power Steering Belt
Standard 6Volt or 12Volt conversion? You can alway take the old belt with you down to the auto parts store and just get the next size smaller if needed.

Kirk

Thanks Kirk. I will try the next smallest size belt. It has a 12 volt conversion.

/ Ford 861 Power Steering Belt
Just an update...the belt measured 42". I replaced it with a 40" belt and the power steering no2 works great. thanks again for the help.

/ Ford 861 Power Steering Belt #5  
Standard 6Volt or 12Volt conversion?

Kirk

Power steering belt runs from the crankshaft to the power steering pump. Generator/alternator and water pump are on a different belt. Power steering pump doesn't care what the voltage is.

/ Ford 861 Power Steering Belt #6  
Yea I guess even though he did say PS I was thinking alt/gen. It worked out anyway. When I take my belts off they're uaually in pieces.

Kirk

/ Ford 861 Power Steering Belt #7  
i changed out a belt onmy allis G and it had a studebaker belt on it!