Ford 861 hydraulic question

/ Ford 861 hydraulic question #1  

ideburger

Tractor
Ford 861
My three point hitch seems to only work intermittently. It works most of the time, but it is often slow to respond. If the control lever is all the way down, I have to raise the lever 7/8 of the way to the top to get any response from the tph. Sometimes it won't lift at all and then it will start working again later. I am thinking I need to tear into the lift cover. Does that sound like the best course of action? Besides a gasket/o ring kut are there any other parts I should have on hand?

/ Ford 861 hydraulic question #2  
Check too see that your control handle isn't in the draft position and try bleeding air the pump with allen wrench at pump while tractor is running at low idle.

Kirk

/ Ford 861 hydraulic question #3  
Like Kirk said check draft v. Implement control position. If in implement control and still have no resolution on touch control, then it is time for the lift cover to come off...

/ Ford 861 hydraulic question #4  
and make sure it is full of clean oil. dirty oil will caus ethe unloader to stick

/ Ford 861 hydraulic question
Update on this issue: I had two problems. First problem was a worn cam follower pin contributing to lack of range in the control lever. Secondly, the pump was losing prime and was fixed by replacing the o rings in the pickup tubes.

/ Ford 861 hydraulic question #7  
Sounds lil orings were most of it.