:welcome:
From Texas

/ ford 4000 #5  
welcome!

so which 4000 you got?

4 cyl? 3 cyl?

chassis type?

/ ford 4000 #6  
Welcome, have any pictures of your 4000?

/ ford 4000 #8  
welcome from VA
I have a ford 4000 with a cab that was made in basildon England in 1971, I use it all the time, it also has a blade on the front to push snow, dirt etc. do you have a gas or a diesel tractor?

/ ford 4000 #9  
Can you share a pic of the blade arrangement on the 4000? I didn't know there was such a thing. I've been wrestling with snow removal here for 35 years, using only a back blade and a front bucket - very slow, especially when the snow came in bus loads last winter.

Thanks

Dick Schmidt
Orono, MN

/ ford 4000 #10  
I've got one for ya re: my '65, 4000 3 cyl. gas. I had to remove the shift cover plate (4 speed) to check on a shifting problem. I tried to cheap out by reusing the old gasket and wound up with major leaking.

Now that a new gasket has arrived ($4.95 for gasket/$17.00 shipping, grrrr) should I use that blue gasket goop on both sides of the new one or not. Also, is there a pattern to use when tightening the cover? The surfaces of the cover are straight and without defects.

As for answers from me, in spite of my low level of mechanical expertise, I've learned tons about the tractor's fuel system over the past year in my effort to get the unit running well again. No more ethanol in the gas for us.

Dick Schmidt
Orono,MN