861 diesel problems

/ 861 diesel problems #141  
they are good on fuel too!

/ 861 diesel problems #142  
Good to hear you got it going without too much trouble. Good luck with it now.

/ 861 diesel problems

I just fired her up this morning and stepped back to take a quick video with my cell phone as the smoke is clearing away. Later, I ran her for about 30 minutes after I put the blade on the back dragging some leaves out of the yard to the woods. She took a long time before the temperature needle ever stood straight up in the middle of the green. After I shut her down and got off, I noticed the radiator overflow was dribbling. I may have caught a 1/4 cup before it stopped. Looks like I may need a new cap there too, but the fuel cap and fuel sending unit has stopped leaking. Looks like I also have a small oil leak around the #4 fuel injector rubber seal in the block (I reused the old ones). I can't see any other problems though. I got a few other mods and maintenance jobs I have in mind day for this, but for the most part, I'm pleased and ready to kick back and drink a toast. I just wish it was turning spring and not winter, so I can play with it more.

/ 861 diesel problems

I just fired her up this morning and stepped back to take a quick video with my cell phone as the smoke is clearing away. Later, I ran her for about 30 minutes after I put the blade on the back dragging some leaves out of the yard to the woods. She took a long time before the temperature needle ever stood straight up in the middle of the green. After I shut her down and got off, I noticed the radiator overflow was dribbling. I may have caught a 1/4 cup before it stopped. Looks like I may need a new cap there too, but the fuel cap and fuel sending unit has stopped leaking. Looks like I also have a small oil leak around the #4 fuel injector rubber seal in the block (I reused the old ones). I can't see any other problems though. I got a few other mods and maintenance jobs I have in mind day for this, but for the most part, I'm pleased and ready to kick back and drink a toast. I just wish it was turning spring and not winter, so I can play with it more.

/ 861 diesel problems #145  
I tried to open your video but was unable. You may have to set permissions or something.

/ 861 diesel problems
Try this. I'm new at video posting too.

[video]<embed width="600" height="361" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowFullscreen="true" allowNetworking="all" wmode="transparent" src="http://static.photobucket.com/player.swf" flashvars="file=http%3A%2F%2Fvid999.photobucket.com%2Falbums% 2Faf119%2FDalmerM%2F1112140939.mp4&title=">[/video]

Now I got to clean up the mess I've made in my carport cover, barn and tools.

/ 861 diesel problems #147  
sounds good.

my 941 D smokes a hair cold and clears up when warm.

/ 861 diesel problems #149  
That video link worked. Sounds like an old tiger purring like a kitten to me :thumbsup: Congratulations on a job well done. Maybe now you can put it to work instead of you working on it.