ford 960 steering cylinder

/ ford 960 steering cylinder #1  

52 8n

Tractor
ford 8n
Hello, recently me and my grandfather overhauled this tractor from front to back tires, rims, motor,electrical. Now we can not find a steering cylinder to finish this project, does anybody know where i can find one, or one that will work of another tractor. Thank you.

/ ford 960 steering cylinder
Ok thank you

/ ford 960 steering cylinder #4  
   / ford 960 steering cylinder #5  
Start with All States Ag Parts.

All States Ag Parts | Tractor Parts | Combine Parts | New | Used | Rebuilt | Online

If they don't have that cylinder in stock, they can find it for you.
I buy stuff from them regularly. No problems.

Good luck.

not knowing what a ford rowcrop steering cyl is means you sent that guy on a long, long, fruitless search!

the ford rowcrop cyl is a special little deal with control valve built in the end. rod end of cyl is mounted to a bracket and fore end with the valve is to the front steering pedistal sector arm.

steering box sector arm mounts to a draglink that is slightly bent and runs to the valve on the steering cyl

quite a special arangement.

Actualy tractor parts asap has a reman cylinder in stock that i will probably buy. And it is for 900. I will be glad when i donte have to sink anymore money in this machine already more in it than its worth.

/ ford 960 steering cylinder #8  
yep. I've heard of a few places that will cut ford cyls apart and fix them. getting harder and harder to find that type of service.

yep. I've heard of a few places that will cut ford cyls apart and fix them. getting harder and harder to find that type of service.
I donte need the cylinder part that does not leak. Mine leaks out the end where it mounts by the spool valve i already put the new seals and o rings in it but it still leaks.

/ ford 960 steering cylinder #10  
Good luck, might have to get a good used or reman one