Diesel compression test Ford 3600 what size of injector adaptor

/ Diesel compression test Ford 3600 what size of injector adaptor #1  

johnharris

Tractor
ford 3600, deutz agrokid 25
Before I take the head off , thought id do a compression test on the engine, but what is the correct adaptor size to use, all the kits I find are in metric m20, m22, m24, the diameter of the injector body is 21.3mm (0.84inches). Advice on this please. Thanks john

/ Diesel compression test Ford 3600 what size of injector adaptor #2  
Based on this chart: Thread - Drill & Tap Chart
I'd say that an M24 would be what you'd want since you would drill a 21mm hole for an M24 X 2.5 tap...

/ Diesel compression test Ford 3600 what size of injector adaptor
Thanks Harley for your feedback, useful chart. Will look at getting a test kit now.

/ Diesel compression test Ford 3600 what size of injector adaptor #4  
No problem, good luck!!!

/ Diesel compression test Ford 3600 what size of injector adaptor #5  
   / Diesel compression test Ford 3600 what size of injector adaptor #6  
What on earth does a 24MM tap have to do with a compression tester for a ford engine???????????????

Well, nothing except the thread size...which was what the original question was...

/ Diesel compression test Ford 3600 what size of injector adaptor #7  
Well, nothing except the thread size...which was what the original question was...

OP never mentioned threads. Bosch injectors do not thread into Ford heads. Every Ford diesel engine built in Basildon England from 1965 to 1999 uses the same compression tester adapter, and it does not thread in.

/ Diesel compression test Ford 3600 what size of injector adaptor #8  
OP never mentioned threads. Bosch injectors do not thread into Ford heads. Every Ford diesel engine built in Basildon England from 1965 to 1999 uses the same compression tester adapter, and it does not thread in.

Interesting information...how are the injectors held in??

/ Diesel compression test Ford 3600 what size of injector adaptor #9  
Interesting information...how are the injectors held in??

A tie bar built into the upper injector housing that fits over two studs mounted in the cylinder head.

Any particular reason you are supplying useless information on a topic you clearly know nothing about?

/ Diesel compression test Ford 3600 what size of injector adaptor #10  
A tie bar built into the upper injector housing that fits over two studs mounted in the cylinder head.

Any particular reason you are supplying useless information on a topic you clearly know nothing about?

Wow dude, that's pretty harsh...all I was doing was try to help the OP find out which adapter he needed. EVERY single engine I've ever done a compression test on has had a threaded hole to screw in the guage. And, that includes several diesel engines. Clearly not the same engine he has, but I wasn't aware that they even made one that didn't have a threaded hole.
Don't get me wrong, I'm not doubting your word that there is no threaded hole, but the thought never occured to me that it might not. Especially with the higher compression ratios typically found in diesel engines. It seems that compression stroke after compression stroke, it would eventually push air/fuel past an injector that wasn't threaded into the head.
My apologies to the OP for misinformation about a subject that I clearly know nothing about...