ford depth limiter chains?

/ ford depth limiter chains? #1  

Soundguy

Old Timer
Tractor
RK 55HC,ym1700, NH7610S, Ford 8N, 2N, NAA, 660, 850 x2, 541, 950, 941D, 951, 2000, 3000, 4000, 4600, 5000, 740, IH 'C' 'H', CUB, John Deere 'B', allis 'G', case VAC
Who is selling the limit chain kits.. that go from the toplink area.. to limit the maximum depth on the 3pt implement?
Anyone got a good pic or advice on building?

I want to build or buy a set.. but can't find a vendor or a good pic to fabricate from. As best I remember, there are tabs with hole sin them that slide on over the implement pins, and then the chain goes up to hang in a bracket fastened near the toplink. You adjust where the chain locks into the bracket to set the maximum depth of the implement... say a mower for example. That way, you can lift it to avoid an obstacle.. then drop it down to where you had it without looking back... etc

Soundguy

/ ford depth limiter chains? #2  
Here is a photo of mine.

Attachments

• 370498-CutterHookup.JPG
    370498-CutterHookup.JPG
    65.7 KB · Views: 1,836
   / ford depth limiter chains? #3  
Here is a basic illustration. On my rotary cutter I put them on the inside of the 3PH A-frame and bolted them in semi-permanently instead of putting them over the outside of the lift-arm pins.

Hope this helps, Soundguy. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Attachments

• 370500-MowLevel.jpg
    370500-MowLevel.jpg
    37 KB · Views: 1,231
   / ford depth limiter chains?
It deffinately does. Thanks!

Soundguy

/ ford depth limiter chains? #5  
I have a 2n as well - where can you buy a simple setup like you illustrated - one that uses the top link pin etc?

I currently rigged my own setup using some extra chain but it is a pain to adjust, and not as elegant as your setup....

/ ford depth limiter chains? #6  
Soundguy,
I have used those for years and found them great. I made mine and they work real nice on my old IH2444. They are also nice for taking the strain off of the lift mechanism when using rear ballast.
I made mine, not extremely pretty, but work fine.

/ ford depth limiter chains? #7  
I think I bought mine at Tractor Supply many years ago and lately I have not seen them. It was either Tractor Supply or a tractor dealer. They called them "mower constant height" chains or something very similar. /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Sorry, I can't remember the exact name. /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif

/ ford depth limiter chains?
Yep.. yesterday i broke out the plasma cutter and mig welder.. and mine ain't perty.. but they look strong..

Soundguy

/ ford depth limiter chains? #9  
Works and strong. That is what matters most. I take good care of my old IH , but use it to work with, no wax jobs, etc. Just good maintenance. I am putting it in my shop for a paint job and a couple of rear axle seals this weekend though. Hate to have it down for a month or so... Maybe I need to get another tractor or 2 /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ ford depth limiter chains? #10  
Valu-Bilt has them in their catalog (paper or on-line). Many farm supply stores & dealers will have them too.

--->Paul