ford tractor, mid or front pto. ?

/ ford tractor, mid or front pto. ? #1  

Toolman 55

Tractor
none
has ford ever made a tractor with a front or mid pto. just wondering. there seems to be a lot of fords in my area.

/ ford tractor, mid or front pto. ? #2  
Don't think i would call it a front pto but Many ford tractors have the FEL hydraulic pump driven directly off of the front of the crankshaft.

/ ford tractor, mid or front pto. ? #3  
Nothing other then on the compact tractors from abroad! Interesting enough about the only company that did was JD with the older 60's and 70's although about the only thing I know that I've seen for attachments is a 7' front snowblower that a customer has. Being for the vintage I was shocked that it had manual turn. I believe it fits a 3010 if anyone is interested in purchasing it.

/ ford tractor, mid or front pto. ?
then is the fel like a pto , I mean can you run a snow blower off one.and thank you

/ ford tractor, mid or front pto. ? #5  
Fel is a front end loader

A snowblower needs a PTO... you might find and angle and gearbox kit to send a shaft under the tractor and forward, but will take some looking. Some mid mount finish mowers by woods were powered by a gearbox run off the rear PTO that send a shaft to the mid area under the tractor.

/ ford tractor, mid or front pto. ? #6  
You might also cook up a PTO pump and motor and mount a snowblower up front and pipe oil to the motor..

/ ford tractor, mid or front pto. ? #7  
Anything is possible but it might take some doing to get the pto shaft to the front. On my 4000 HD forklift it has a universal hooked up to a front crank shaft pulley to operate a pump which could also be converted to a shaft. You would also have to check if the rotation is the right way for your application. I know the later ford ran a sweeper broom off the front but not sure of the hook up.

Kirk

Attachments

• winch 9n.jpg
    winch 9n.jpg
    346.5 KB · Views: 1,324
  • winch 9n - 2.jpg
    winch 9n - 2.jpg
    323.7 KB · Views: 1,255