Ford NAA balance point

/ Ford NAA balance point #1  

MarlinSlayer

Bronze Member
Tractor
Ford Jubilee!
I finally went up to the farm and got my non-running NAA up on the trailer with what turned out to be a defective winch. When I bought the tractor, the previous owner loaded it up on the trailer, and I can't remember where on the trailer it sat. I'm going to transport it tomorrow, and via eyeball, it looks like the centerpoint of weight, looks like it is near the front of the main tires. For now, I have the tractor lined up so that the leading edge of the rear tires is between the axles of the double axle trailer.

How do you load your tractor with reference to the centerpoint between the axles?

/ Ford NAA balance point #3  
look at the trailer tounge when it's on the tow vehicle. you want some tounge weight.. but not enough to excessively squat the rear and make the front end aim high.

/ Ford NAA balance point
Thanks Guys! Got it home now. Now I can put some brakes on that trailer...still surprised anyone makes a double axle trailer without brakes....Mine did fine, and I took it slow...(Towing RV's even with brakes, makes you more aware to anticipate the momentum behind you).

That lineup worked like a champ. I'll take a picture and post it later

/ Ford NAA balance point #5  
new tandem with no brakes on even 1 axle? wow.. where from ? mexico?

/ Ford NAA balance point #7  
still.. was it rated at under 5000#? I didn't think anyone could make 5001# trailers sans brakes anymore?