8N has spark but will not start

/ 8N has spark but will not start #1  

hwkeye1911

Tractor
none yet :(
Hi Everybody,

I have an 8n that has spark but will not start. It is a 6 volt system, side mount distributor with zenith carb. It has a new battery, plugs, wires, rotor, cap, points and gas.

So I purchased a used 8n a few weeks ago, it was hard to start but ran just fine at first, I知 an ER nurse so I work nights and don稚 see the light of day for a good stretch of days and left her parked in the driveway waiting until my next day off. Went to start her and she cranked slow as normal but would not start. I checked the battery and found it was dead (6 volt system) so replaced that and the solenoid but still a no-go. I have replaced the cap, rotor, points (gapped to 0.25), coil and wires due to the wire from the coil grounding out against the distributor; all parts came from Napa except for the wires, which came from TS. I have verified electricity to the plugs with a spark-plug light tester as well as the シ plug gap test (yellow/orange spark), but still it will not start. I致e changed the plugs to autolight 487痴 and even tried starter fluid with no luck. I have good gas flow to the carb and am assuming this is a fuel issue but the no start with starter fluid is what is confusing me. All cylinders will blow my finger off verifying some sort of compression, but as of now I am out of ideas. I will eventually swap her over to the 12 volt but that will be a while. I知 off for the next few days so I知 hoping to get her running with some help, thanks to everyone who looks and takes pity on me! Cheers.

/ 8N has spark but will not start #2  
Timing? Distributor may be way off. Have you tried to check timing; if it's way off it won't fire/start.