What the heck are these on my NAA

/ What the heck are these on my NAA #1  

MarlinSlayer

Bronze Member
Tractor
Ford Jubilee!
So I'm underneath the tractor and I see these four bolts just aft of the flange where the engine bolts to the transmission. They are on a flat part of the casting going athwartship (Side to side for you tractor types). I'm missing a bolt and nothing is leaking out, so I assume they are a mounting point for optional equipment. There are similar ones underneath the rear end. Am I correct or is it something else. I have tried to find exploded views, but none of the diagrams show these.

[URL=http://s998.photobucket.com/user/wtss1/media/IMG_0959_zpsaaxf1why.jpg.html][/URL]

You may wonder why a mechanical neophyte might buy an old tractor.....well, it is to cut and manipulate the fields on my little slice of heaven to experience this with my boy.....his first.

By the way Soundguy....I understand the electrical speak....as you see I was trained in electrical engineering. I had to see the wiring diagram of inside the alternator to get what you were saying.

Thanks for all the help guys....with your help...I'll get thru this.

/ What the heck are these on my NAA #2  
It looks like bolt holes for a sub frame for a front end loader.

/ What the heck are these on my NAA
So a missing bolt is no big deal then.

/ What the heck are these on my NAA #4  
Yup, mount points. A ford 711 or 722 loader for sure uses 2 of those holes

/ What the heck are these on my NAA #6  
Here's a photo of the 711 one arm loader tranny mounts. Bolt holes are not hollowed out so if you take them out nothing will leak.
100_3747.jpg

/ What the heck are these on my NAA #8  
Old guys..old tractors. ;)

/ What the heck are these on my NAA #9  
I suspect they put the cover plates on to keep the bolt holes clean, and to allow the bolts to bolt in without having to run a thread chaser in them when mounting a loader.

/ What the heck are these on my NAA #10  
Those aren't plates, they are cast in boss .