Hi from Colorado Springs

/ Hi from Colorado Springs #1  

numbnuts386

Tractor
Ford 1310
Hello there, new to the forum today! Currently own an 83-86 Ford 1310 with a 770b loader, 4wd, & 60" Ford 950 series 3pt mower. In process of looking for a service/maintenence manual for it being it has sat for over 5yrs (only 630 hrs) but seems to be in good working order. Currently in the shop draining all the fluids & replacing with new. Have been told 134D universal is what to use on this model? Also had a bit of a shock to find no fluid at all whatsoever to drain from the rear axle. Removed 2 drain plugs on the rear housing with nothing to drain! I followed up by draining the 4-5 gallons of trans/hydro oil from the main gearcase, but got not a drop from the rearend. Is this a separate chamber from the main gearcase? Seems to all be supplied from the main gearcase to me. Couldnt find an additional fill point outside of the one behind the stick shift. Any ideas??

/ Hi from Colorado Springs #2  
Welcome to the forum!

:confused: I'm not sure, but I can send your thread over to the vintage Ford section. Hopefully someone over there will know! :)

/ Hi from Colorado Springs #4  
Welcome NN..... seems I know that name from somewhere;) lol

/ Hi from Colorado Springs
Looks like a gentleman from another forum I attend suggested after the drain plugs were out, to root around up there to see if there was sludge build up. He was right. Plugged like a bottle of wine. Got the last few quarts out shortly after. Now to start draining fuel, antifreeze, & front diff. All new going in over the next few weeks.

/ Hi from Colorado Springs #7  
G'day Mate and welcome to TBN from Downunder.

Enjoy the site. Glad to hear it was sludge.