new ford 3000 owner

/ new ford 3000 owner #1  

ama190

Tractor
Ford 3000
hi. just purchased a ford 3000. seemed to work fine at first but found that pto clutch won't disengage. It started life as a selecto speed but now has an 8 speed. Getting ready to split it. Was told it only had 1600 hours but now not so sure. It does start and run fine and all the gears work. I like the tractor alot. Just anxious to get it cleaned up and fully functional. has multiple serial numbers but both reference a 1973. All the clutch adjustment bolts are broken off and laying in the bottom of bell housing

/ new ford 3000 owner #2  
If you do the clutch, do the tob, pilot bearing, and input shaft seals

/ new ford 3000 owner
thanks thats good advice. split went okay. kind of tough to get separated. Had to use a come along to break it loose. Any ideas on how the clutch could fail that way? The arms broke on all three adjustments for pto clutch. Could the pto clutch stick from lack of use and then break the arms when the clutch pedal is pushed down? Also wondering why service manual says to drain coolant for a split? Freeze plugs maybe?

/ new ford 3000 owner
Im not sure how to replace the input seal. Do i need to pull the shaft out? My rear pto seal is leaking too

/ new ford 3000 owner #5  
for a 3000? not sure. later models had trans coolers.

/ new ford 3000 owner #6  
ps.. pto seal is easy once rear sump is drained.

/ new ford 3000 owner #7  
ps.. pto seal is easy once rear sump is drained.

/ new ford 3000 owner
thats good news. i drained transmission and removed clutch bearing support so I could get at small input seal. not too bad to get to. Made mistake of not paying attention to orientation though. there is a small hole on the flange of the clutch bearing support. assuming it should be at 12:00? rear main looked okay, frost plug okay. Overwhelmed with where to buy a clutch or any other parts.Many options out there. I wish I could just replace the arms as rest of clutch looks pretty good. thanks for your replies

/ new ford 3000 owner #9  
thats good news. i drained transmission and removed clutch bearing support so I could get at small input seal. not too bad to get to. Made mistake of not paying attention to orientation though. there is a small hole on the flange of the clutch bearing support. assuming it should be at 12:00? rear main looked okay, frost plug okay. Overwhelmed with where to buy a clutch or any other parts.Many options out there. I wish I could just replace the arms as rest of clutch looks pretty good. thanks for your replies

clutch bearing support? ( input shaft? )

Do you have a fo-31 manual, if so hit the clutch section and see if you can ID your part.. .. I'll see if I can post a diagram for you.

if you havn't tried, ytmag.com sells parts

/ new ford 3000 owner #10