Ford 4400 relief valve location

/ Ford 4400 relief valve location #1  

City Farmer

Platinum Member
Tractor
Ford 3000, 4400 & 4500TLB Case 830 Case 350 dozer
Hi guys. I have a 3cyl. 4400 that's having some 3ph issues. I rebuilt the pump, all new orings and seals in the lift cover. The 3ph will go up/down and hold with no problem but there's only 300psi when I check the remote valve. There's good flow, it shot a good stream of fluid into the bucket. When I'm looking at the diagram it shows the relief valve is the first valve in the circuit. I'm sure I'm just missing it but I've gone though my service manual 2x and cannot find the pressure relief valve location.

Is it under the lift cover (inside the sump) or is it under the tractor behind the brake cross shaft?

Andy

/ Ford 4400 relief valve location #2  
How did you measure the pressure at the remote?

Will the 3pt lift a heavy load fine?

/ Ford 4400 relief valve location
How did you measure the pressure at the remote?

Will the 3pt lift a heavy load fine?

The 3pt wouldn't pick anything up. I finally finished it, it works like its brand new now. I went after every single valve in the lift cover and flow control today, they all checked good. I chained down the lift arms and put a gauge in the auxiliary service port and only got a couple hundred psi. I pulled the pump and found the problem. The spring cages were just touch off center so it wouldn't build pressure. It starts pecking at 2150 & lets go at 2300psi. It might be a little bit higher because my gauge was leaking a little bit.

/ Ford 4400 relief valve location #4  
glad you found it?!