Ford 4000 1963 rowcrop

/ Ford 4000 1963 rowcrop #1  

ipika5

Tractor
Ford 4000 rowcrop
Gentlemen, new to this forum. I have a ford 4000 rowcrop. The best I can tell by numbers on motor it is a late 63 64. I rolled it while bush hogging pasture. Tractor rolled completely over, my left hip in the process, and drove away. It went about 50 feet and died. It started up and ran fine, and still runs fine, except, 3 point hitch won't lift at all.
I am in the mind that it has screens, lines or inlets plugged. I have taken the assembly below the seat off and it all looks clean and nothing appears damaged. Everything looks clean. I can't find any pics on internet that help me. Afraid to take any plates or parts off without proper manual.
Not totally sure the year. It is 4 cylinder gas. Five speed with the with the shifter that raises up and down. Reverse and third, top, first and second midway, forth and fifth lower position.
Any help I can get is much appreciated. Thank you. P.S. I only missed a week of work and am a very lucky guy to live through the rollover.

/ Ford 4000 1963 rowcrop #2  
My comment is time to have a competent weld shop fab up a ROPS, for your longevity. Good lick with your other issue.

/ Ford 4000 1963 rowcrop #3  
I'm not sure what you took off. Was it the little plate under the seat or the entire top cover?
When it what rolled could it have bend the 3pt lift quadrant? If you removed the little plate but it back on and with the tractor running loosen the allen head plug on the hydraulic pump on the right side rear of engine to see it you get a steady stream of oil coming out. It is possible that any gunk that usually lies at the bottom of your casting could have also plugged up your lines with the tractor being rolled over.

Kirk

/ Ford 4000 1963 rowcrop
I'm not sure what you took off. Was it the little plate under the seat or the entire top cover?
When it what rolled could it have bend the 3pt lift quadrant? If you removed the little plate but it back on and with the tractor running loosen the allen head plug on the hydraulic pump on the right side rear of engine to see it you get a steady stream of oil coming out. It is possible that any gunk that usually lies at the bottom of your casting could have also plugged up your lines with the tractor being rolled over.

Kirk

Thanks Kirk, don't feel the arms are bent. They work free and don't appear to have any damage. I took the whole top assembly off. I am planning to drain the case and clean it and then put it back on. I will try removing the allen head plug and see what kind of oil flow I have there. I feel certain that it is a sludge problem in lines or screens. Everything looks clean and doesn't show a lot of wear. I want to find a manual that covers the tractor, my plan is to clean it up and redo it. Have hunted and hunted to find serial numbers, but haven't found anything that matches up to any of the numbers in the articles on the internet. The motor has a number "CONN xxxxJ" on it. Sorry don't have the numbers with me. That number according to internet tractor sites says it is late 63 64. Absolutely love the tractor and have used it for hay mowing, bush hogging, blading snow, gravel. Hate that I rolled it. A little more work and time to redo it. I will let you know how things go and thank you for the info.

/ Ford 4000 1963 rowcrop #5  
Quit looking on the motor, the model I'd and sn is on the trans bellhousing flat aft of the starter.

No screens.

If it has hyd flow, but no 3pt, next place to look is the unliader valve.

I&t fo-20 manual

/ Ford 4000 1963 rowcrop #6  
Since you already have the top cover off you can take the manifold off that connects for the pump to the front of the bellhousing and check for gunk restrictions. Line will run thru the bottom in the trans case. When you take the manifold off there are O rings which may or may not be used again.

Kirk

/ Ford 4000 1963 rowcrop #7  
I'd replace them, and no uni kits either, get the cnh ones

/ Ford 4000 1963 rowcrop
I'd replace them, and no uni kits either, get the cnh ones
I plan to drain fluid today and do some investigation. Also going to find serial numbers. The one by the starter doesn't match up with any numbers I have found on websites. Will post them so maybe so
me one with more savvy than I have can tell me about them. Hope you gentlemen realize how much I appreciate your info. Have a great weekend.

/ Ford 4000 1963 rowcrop #9  
Sometimes you can spray cheap paint on that bellhousing, allow to cure, and sand and bring out numbers