NAA 1954 Hydraulic Failure and Repair Advice

/ NAA 1954 Hydraulic Failure and Repair Advice #1  

aquaholic

Tractor
1961 minneapolis moline jet star
this is long but i'll try not to leave out any of the details. I have experienced complete and sudden 3 point hydraulic failure. 3 point arm have gone absolutely dead. the don't even move 1/4 inch. They worked fine 5 days before when i last used the tractor. Now i have nothing. I expect that something became disconnected so i removed the top plate that the seat is bolted to. I backed out the acorn nut on the outside of the case before i lifted the cover off because thats what my service manual said to do. Inside i found a tube connected to the acorn nut (labled A) that just lays down in the sump of oil. It pivots on the bolt connected to the acorn nut. Should this tube just be laying down in there? It doesn't appear to be connected to anything. There is also a clamp/bracket on the tube (labled B) that i can't figure out where it goes. I cannot seem to pivot the tube up so that i can see the other end because it goes down under the casting and is to long to pivot it up to see the end. I stuck my hand down in the hydo fluid and nuthing is connected to the other end of the tube. Is all this stuff normal? Anyone know what this is and why it's just flopping around in there? And possibly where that clamp goes on and attaches to? 030a (1024x768).jpg

/ NAA 1954 Hydraulic Failure and Repair Advice
assuming the arrow i drew is pointing to where the unloader valve is, can i simply knock it out from the other side with a socket or can i stick a rod in there from the other side and tap it out with a hammer? 003.JPG

/ NAA 1954 Hydraulic Failure and Repair Advice #3  
You pull the plug with a bolt and washer stack

I have pics of the rig on my work PC.. Monday..