Radiator Cap Issue on my 8N

/ Radiator Cap Issue on my 8N #1  

BridgeBoy

Tractor
none
I just picked up my radiator for my 8N that I had rebuilt. Installed it on my tractor and noticed that the radiator cap wing does not point straight back or you might say not centered like it was before. Now it is on an angle that looks to be 8 o clock in direction. I assume they may have rotated the filler neck? I assume that if I purchase a new radiator cap with the 8N Wing I would still have the same problem. Glad I didn't fill with antifreeze, but still not happy since it was costly. Anyone ever experienced this?

Thanks,

BridgeBoy

/ Radiator Cap Issue on my 8N #2  
You need to take it back to where you had the repairs done and have them solder the neck on in the right spot.

/ Radiator Cap Issue on my 8N
Thanks pmsmechanic for the reply.
I never thought to leave cap on as I thought that it might get lost. I think that they replaced the over flow tube and changed its position. They did a nice job except for the new position of the filler neck. Will remove radiator and head back to the shop on Monday. Things always happen on a Friday night.

Thanks,

BridgeBoy

/ Radiator Cap Issue on my 8N #4  
Does it make a difference which way it points?

/ Radiator Cap Issue on my 8N #5  
Its one of those winged caps.. Art deco, etc.

Real fix I the neck, redneck fix is to mod the cap.

Yes it is one of the winged designed type cap. Looks kind of bad since the tractor is in real nice shape. Worker who repaired it most likely had no idea of the the need to keep neck in original position. I thought about the cap, but decided I would never be satisfied. Thanks Soundguy and SPYDERLK

BridgeBoy

/ Radiator Cap Issue on my 8N #7  
See if it will stay put if you leave it pointing straight ahead. I don't see any harm in having the cap a few degrees away from the stop tabs on the neck.

Thanks for advice on my radiator and cap position. Returned to the shop and they changed the position of the radiator neck so that the winged cap is in the correct position. Put back together and looks perfect!

Thanks,

BridgeBoy