The new 1953 Jubilee!

/ The new 1953 Jubilee! #2  
My neighbor here in Manitoba has a restored Jubilee.

/ The new 1953 Jubilee! #4  
Wonder if he has seen that video...

Not unless it aired on television, Clarance is untethered from the technical world, strictly old school. We do our gabbing about once a week when we often meet at the mail box's.

/ The new 1953 Jubilee! #6  
I consider it the best "all around" Ford made in that era. Less powerful than the later 800 models. But much more nimble. A joy to use.

/ The new 1953 Jubilee! #7  
I consider it the best "all around" Ford made in that era. Less powerful than the later 800 models. But much more nimble. A joy to use.

i'd take the 55-57 640 over a 52-53-54 NAA any day. 640 ( 650, 660 ) and naa should be within a couple inches in size ( 800 should be as well ).. so just as nimble.. but with huge improvements in hyds allowing much easier attachment of external hyds, higher gpm pump option, power steering option, plus a transmission with mounting points built in, unlike the NAA. with the 600/800 series you can get 2 stage clutch as well... not to mention much much better rear hubs.

really.. a naa and all the ag machines from 55-64 are almost identical in size... you just get lots more options and parts support once you go to the 55-64 models.

/ The new 1953 Jubilee! #8  
I would too. I think they continued to improve. Drove a 641 many, many hours starting as a new tractor. It did not have a two stage clutch. Later drove an 861 for many, many hours. As I noted, it was a more powerful tractor and doing farm tillage work was much more productive. Wasn't anywhere nearly as nimble as the Jubilee. If doing light chore work, the Jubilee was the tractor of choice. :)

/ The new 1953 Jubilee! #9  
I would too. I think they continued to improve. Drove a 641 many, many hours starting as a new tractor. It did not have a two stage clutch. Later drove an 861 for many, many hours. As I noted, it was a more powerful tractor and doing farm tillage work was much more productive. Wasn't anywhere nearly as nimble as the Jubilee. If doing light chore work, the Jubilee was the tractor of choice. :)

the size difference in a naa and an 861 amounts to some weight, and a couple inches. Rear tire size is bigger.. that may be what's bothering about it. naa would normally have 11.2-28 or 12.4-28, the 861 would have 13.6-28 so if your naa had 11.2 and your 861 had 13.6 then that's 2 sizes different.

aditionally, if your 861 had 16.9-24 sand tire rears, it could be another FOOT wider due to the tire profile on the large 16.9 tires on the optional 24" rim ( vs a 28" rim )

/ The new 1953 Jubilee! #10  
We still have a Jubilee my brother uses regularly, I drove it for many year, was the only thing we had for quite some time, but prefer later models. Low gear is too high and the PTO about put me into a tree when we first got it, we had an 841 before buying this one.

I like looking at old cars, trucks, tractors, but don't like using them much anymore.