Attachments

• 100_4899.JPG
    100_4899.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 287
  • 100_4903.JPG
    100_4903.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 375
   / 1943 2N winch tractor #2  
You will wish you had a fairlead on it. I hope your heirs don't wish you had installed a screen or cage.

The center of pull appears to be above the centerline of the tractor's rear axle, so the threat of a rear rollover is substantial. No visible provision for an anchor plate or stabilizer feet. To be completely honest, it looks like a deathtrap.

Sorry to be so negative, that thing is just plain scary.

Last edited:
   / 1943 2N winch tractor #3  
That's pretty neat tractor, was it equipped as shown and just a restoration on your part or did you rig up the winch and all the extra steel?

/ 1943 2N winch tractor #4  
You will wish you had a fairlead on it. I hope your heirs don't wish you had installed a screen or cage.

The center of pull appears to be above the centerline of the tractor's rear axle, so the threat of a rear rollover is substantial. No visible provision for an anchor plate or stabilizer feet. To be completely honest, it looks like a deathtrap.

Sorry to be so negative, that thing is just plain scary.

Rick, it may be that the 3 point is sucked all the way up carrying it. And drops down for pulling. That would move the center of pull down under the axle centerline.

/ 1943 2N winch tractor #5  
That winch looks mounted in place to me...

SR

/ 1943 2N winch tractor #6  
It appears to me that the weight of the tractor would not be enough to pull a log of any size. This is strictly from a "layman's" point of view so don't put too much weight on it. (and pardon the pun:)

/ 1943 2N winch tractor
Planning on building some sort of shield/cage for it. It won't be used until the fall when weather cools off. Anchor chained to another tree from front bumper. Used to pull tops out after harvesting out the big stuff that was sent to the mill.

/ 1943 2N winch tractor
That's pretty neat tractor, was it equipped as shown and just a restoration on your part or did you rig up the winch and all the extra steel?

I did not rig up the steel and winch. Bought as a non runner. It was used to pull boats out of the Delaware river and move stuff around the boat yard South of Philadelphia pa.

Attachments

• 100_4466.JPG
    100_4466.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 226
   / 1943 2N winch tractor #9  
Planning on building some sort of shield/cage for it. It won't be used until the fall when weather cools off. Anchor chained to another tree from front bumper. Used to pull tops out after harvesting out the big stuff that was sent to the mill.

Makes sense to me know and was wondering if you used an anchor of some-kind. That framework looks tough enough to pull a barge out of the Deleware. :)

Edit: What an awesome find!

/ 1943 2N winch tractor #10  
Nice, NICE job on the restoration, Kirk! Saved another one :thumbsup: I can almost smell the woods in the fall and hearing that engine lug just a little as those tops are pulled out.

Rick, what's a "Fairlead"?