Re-pop parts vendors

/ Re-pop parts vendors #1  

gemutlich

Silver Member
Tractor
1940 JD/B; 1947 Case VAC-12; 1955 Case VAC-14; 1958 Ford 641; 1959 Wheel Horse RJ & 1976 Wheel Horse C-120 Hydro; Schwinn Predator with a squeaky pedal ...
Looking to replace a couple odds and ends on this 641 (exhaust pipes, proofmeter cable)

Steiner Tractor and Yesterday's Tractor come in less than 5 bucks apart. Wondering what experience y'all have had with quality from either of them, or if there's another source I should be looking to for better quality stuff?

Thanks guys.

Mel

/ Re-pop parts vendors #2  
in many cases, vendors are selling aftermarket parts.. TISCO is a large supplier. You might be getting TISCO parts from a deale ror 3rd party vendor.

Mufflers on the other hand.. $=quality. For instance.. a donaldson will be quieter than a stanley. a stanley will be cheaper.

/ Re-pop parts vendors
Roger that, thanks SouNdguy.

Had thought about bending up some EMT for a one-piece pipe from muffler outlet through to exit under rear axle but time is tight and just ordered something up. Hope I don't regret it, will report back here after I have it in my hands.

/ Re-pop parts vendors #4  
the 134/172 aren't real bad with ANY muffler, and even a short angled pipe out to the left of the tractor. I have a few like that.

It's when you get to the other engines.. like any of the 3 cyl diesels, especially the 201, that a cheap muffler and pipe gets throaty and loud.

/ Re-pop parts vendors
Roger that, SouNdguy.

Fortunately, the muffler is in good shape so it stays for now. Will probably look at the donaldson when the time comes though, spent too many years in Army helo's, then the trades after that, and most of my hobbies make pretty loud bangs. What I'm getting at, I suppose, is that sometimes quieter is just better! Hahaha

So, was on the fence but went with YT for the parts.

Proofmeter cable arrived in today's mail, got that on and was happy to see the old clock turning again. Quality seemed OK for the price, but what do I have to compare it to?

Exhaust pipes were a no-show, but they're coming UPS ground.

Picked up a quick about a half acre 300 dollar brush hoggin' job under some high-tension lines for tomorrow which'll cover this stuff, the recent cap rotor and wires, and the rest'll go into the kitty for a proper front bumper.

Will report back once I have my hands on those pipes.

/ Re-pop parts vendors #6  
sounds good.

/ Re-pop parts vendors #7  
in many cases, vendors are selling aftermarket parts.. TISCO is a large supplier. You might be getting TISCO parts from a deale ror 3rd party vendor.

Mufflers on the other hand.. $=quality. For instance.. a donaldson will be quieter than a stanley. a stanley will be cheaper.

Could you please PM me? (long ago Civil Eng.)
I have a FORD 1920 clutch issue that is very strange.
Several weeks ago I posted the basic story in the Ford section, but did not get any takers.

/ Re-pop parts vendors #8  
Pm me what its doing, and trans type.

Its way knew for me, but I did own one for a while.

/ Re-pop parts vendors