Just how old does a tractor have to be to be Vintage?

/ Just how old does a tractor have to be to be Vintage? #1  

blackrams

Gold Member
Tractor
Ford 1210
Just like the title asks, how old does a tractor have to be to be considered Vintage.

I looked around some on this site but haven't found a definitive age.

25 years? 50?

Rams

/ Just how old does a tractor have to be to be Vintage? #2  
Back in the early 70's when I started collecting, there were 2 classes, classic, and antique. They had to be 25 years old to be a classic, and 40 to be an antique. I would say vintage would be at least 25 years old, on back, including them all.

/ Just how old does a tractor have to be to be Vintage? #3  
One of my clubs identify for tractor pulls any tractor up to 1949 is antique and 1950 to 1959 as classic. I have seen ads for vintage tractors and they were in the '80's. Kind of hard to say what most consider vintage

/ Just how old does a tractor have to be to be Vintage?
Back in the early 70's when I started collecting, there were 2 classes, classic, and antique. They had to be 25 years old to be a classic, and 40 to be an antique. I would say vintage would be at least 25 years old, on back, including them all.

Appreciate the response. I guess it doesn't really matter but I was curious.

I recently attended a Tractor Show near Richmond, KY. I would have thought that most of the tractors on display were "Antiques". But, not all.
One of the displayer's asked about my own tractor and suggested I should bring it to the next show.

I bought my tractor in 1989 new but, I don't think it's old enough to be a antique, maybe a Classic or Vintage but, most surely not old enough to be considered special. I'm not even sure what year my tractor was built. I assume that information is on a data tag somewhere. Assuming it was built in 87 or 88, that doesn't (in my mind) qualify it as anything special other than it's mine. ;)