Ford NAA added to the fleet

/ Ford NAA added to the fleet #1  

Retired LE

Bronze Member
Tractor
Mahindra 4025
Picked up this orchard tractor a week ago in order to have a dedicated mower setup. I don't know about the rest of you, but after struggling with removing and installing your typical three point attachment, I am usually too tired to finish the job I installed the attachment to do to begin with.

NAA pic 1.jpgNAA pic 2.jpg

I am guessing this tractor is a 1954 since it doesn't have the fancy emblem on the front like the 1953 Jubilees do.

I haven't had much time to investigate it yet, although I do like the Sherman transmission and the fact it has power steering. My previous 9N and 8N Fords didn't have those options. Cool stuff right there.

It had the balloon turf style tires on the rear - the wheels of which were leaking ballast fluid, so off they came to have new tubes installed. The wheels, although pitted and rusty around the valve stems, are still serviceable. Hopefully I will get a call from the local Les Schwab dealer today telling me they are ready to be picked up.

Note, when draining ballast fluid, make sure to have the wheel pointed in a safe direction when removing the air valve because that fluid comes out in one **** of a powerful stream. Don't ask how I happen to know this.

In the meantime, I will try to get the drums off to see what kind of shape the brakes are in.

More to follow.

PS: Does anyone know what this is for? It's located on top of the transmission case just forward of the seat. My other Fords didn't have this. Does it power a hydraulic circuit?

NAA pic 3.jpg

/ Ford NAA added to the fleet #2  
Looks like an original remote valve kit that is missing a few pieces.

Here's a picture from Yesterdays Tractors website:

remote.jpg

Last edited:
   / Ford NAA added to the fleet #4  
Yup, remote. If you'd like some bunch of pics from different angles and measurements if you're thinking of fabbing something up yourself, let me know and I'll use mine as a model for you.

By the by, congratulations on a pretty sweet find!

Mel

http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/ford-vintage-tractors/383290-what-did-you-do-your.html

Bunch of info shared by some of the elders here and pics you might find helpful in this thread I started a couple years ago when I first got my 641. Hope it helps a little:

http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/ford-vintage-tractors/361125-1958-641-w-3-speed.html

Last edited:
   / Ford NAA added to the fleet #5  
guessing that it is a 54 by looking at the sheet metal on a ford between 53 and 64 is like playing russian roulette with a 6 shot revolver and 5 cartridges loaded!

Look at the serial number, and it's location.. that will tell you the most.

you can then match date codes and other parts to verify this.