8n Brush Hog

/ 8n Brush Hog #1  

Fred Bear

Tractor
Ford baby 8n, 821 Powermaster and NH TC-18
Buddy of mine gave me an old rotary cutter. I have it on my 8n now but want to put chain limiters on it so it doesn稚 sag and plow into the dirt and driveway. What痴 the best way to hook it up? What locations on the tractor and brush hog? I致e seen pics online all different ways. Also is there a kit to install so the 3 Point will work without PTO spinning?
0ECB267D-014E-4027-AF7C-B0EA21692051.jpeg

/ 8n Brush Hog
I’m not sure why my text is showing Wingdings???

/ 8n Brush Hog #3  
650-4_zpszyu3rols.jpg

650-5_zps6dy4dxpd.jpg

650-1_zpsuf37o6g1.jpg

" Also is there a kit to install so the 3 Point will work without PTO spinning?"

Sorry,,, no,,,

/ 8n Brush Hog
Where my top link hooks to the brush hog there is a plate. The plate moves back and forth. Is this supposed to be tight and not move?

/ 8n Brush Hog #5  
You can certainly get an over running coupler at TSC. This will prevent the bush hog from pushing the tractor after you step on the clutch. Ford on your PTO, then your PTO Shaft goes on the coupler. Simple and easy.

/ 8n Brush Hog #6  
3-16-2013_limiter chains.JPG This is the way I had my 49 8N attached to my 5' Bushhog before I sold them. 3-16-2013_Bush Hog project complete.JPG

/ 8n Brush Hog #7  
Where my top link hooks to the brush hog there is a plate. The plate moves back and forth. Is this supposed to be tight and not move?

Supposed to be loose so you can go over rises and dips.

Bruce

/ 8n Brush Hog
Ok I hooked it up similar to MitchelB and it’s working great. I just need to find a new rear rim for this machine and I’ll be all set.

/ 8n Brush Hog #9  
tractor supply has generic mower laminated tires. Or are you talking tractor tire/rim?