FORD Help..maybe

/ FORD Help..maybe #1  

mark777

Veteran Member
Tractor
Ym1300d-1401D-1601D , 1610D & Massey Ferguson 1020
I have been looking at this tractor for over two years. I have talked to neighbors, left messages taped to mailbox and cruised the strip trying to catch someone home. No success.

Does anyone recognize the year, model?? And I know that the pictures are poor (telephoto lens through a 6' cyclone fence) but it is as close as I can get without being shot at.

I realize it's very neglected but I wouldn't mind restoring it to it's original condition. Any help greatly appreciated.

Regards, Mark

Attachments

• 686423-ford 3.jpg
    686423-ford 3.jpg
    92.4 KB · Views: 704
   / FORD Help..maybe
Another angle but not much better.

Attachments

• 686426-ford 4.jpg
    686426-ford 4.jpg
    92.6 KB · Views: 596
   / FORD Help..maybe
Last one....probably no help at all. Thanks for any advice...or best guesses.

Mark

Attachments

• 686429-ford 1.jpg
    686429-ford 1.jpg
    89.8 KB · Views: 521
   / FORD Help..maybe #4  
That tractor has blue rear fenders, plus it has old style pan fenders. The tractor has white wheels. It appears that the hood is blue. The loader appears to be an OEM style loader, and as it is not an old style tube steel loader that helps too. I'd suggest the tractor is something like a 2000 or 4000 series tractor, probably from the late 1960's through the mid 1970s based on what I can see. Early and mid 1960's had white rear fenders. Later production tractors didn't have the simple pan fenders. The loader helps date at date it to at least that time period also. The problem is to really make a positive ID we'd need ot see more!

/ FORD Help..maybe #5  
I agree with Bob. A 2000 or 3000; probably 65 to 68 vintage. The muffler in the third photo and the starter on the right side of the block visible in the second photo are the tipoffs. Never saw blue fenders on that vintage, but paint is cheap. Not familiar with that loader, but there is a lot of stuff out there I don't know about.

/ FORD Help..maybe #6  
Rick, good catch on the starter, I missed that completely.

I discount the vertical stack muffler for dating the tractor, it looks like an automotive muffler and I've seen a lot of retrofits where horizontal mufflers were converted to vertical (even did that because I like the look).

/ FORD Help..maybe #7  
I think it's the 1966 Ford 8888 Landscape Planter!

At one time, I owned an early 60s 861 Ford that was Red/White. Its fenders were very similar to the photos. I don't know if colors were options back then, but I doubt it. The Blue should id it to a certain year.

Looks like the first tool to start the restoration is a weed-eater!

Have fun.
ron

/ FORD Help..maybe
Thanks guys,

I would have more/better pictures if I felt comfortable wondering around on his property....but I don't think I would like that at if the situation were reversed. So I'll keep trying to catch the guy and maybe get lucky.

Regards, Mark

/ FORD Help..maybe #9  
Looks like Realtree Camo. option group lol /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ FORD Help..maybe #10  
My vote is for an early version of the 2000. I am not a FORD fanatic, but I think the latter 2000's had a more boxy hood. It also appears to have a trip bucket on the loader. There is most of one of these down the street from me, sans the hood, but just as many trees!