Ford NAA - Jubilee

/ Ford NAA - Jubilee #1  

morningwood

Tractor
1959 Fordson Power Major - 2018 Yanmar YT347
In the previous thread I mentioned that I was at my neighbors moving a house trailer with my Fordson. One of the guys who ended up taking the trailer was trying to tell me that my tracor was Ford Jubilee diesel. I informed him that it was a Fordson and that is made in England while the Ford Jubilee was made in the U.S.

This got my curiosity peaked and I started googling for "Ford Jubille" or "Ford NAA" but I could not find any information if they built a diesel Jubilee model. Does anyone know if there is such a tractor ??

Thanks,

Scott

/ Ford NAA - Jubilee #2  
morningwood said:
In the previous thread I mentioned that I was at my neighbors moving a house trailer with my Fordson. One of the guys who ended up taking the trailer was trying to tell me that my tracor was Ford Jubilee diesel. I informed him that it was a Fordson and that is made in England while the Ford Jubilee was made in the U.S.

This got my curiosity peaked and I started googling for "Ford Jubille" or "Ford NAA" but I could not find any information if they built a diesel Jubilee model. Does anyone know if there is such a tractor ??

Thanks,

Scott

I'm not a Ford "expert" but the Jubilee was made (I believe) in '53 to commemorate 50 years of Ford stuff...The only made it in gas version....BobG in VA

/ Ford NAA - Jubilee #3  
JUbilee and NAA used the red tiger gas 134ci engine..( same as a 6XX or early 2000 ). I suppose you could retro a diesel into it. The 134 and 172 engines had the same bellhousing.. and you could get 172 diesels at least by the 01 series..

It would take alot of parts swapping.. but could be done... Course.. the 172 engine, especially a diesel really wanted that beefy power train the 8XX series offered.. not the light duty power train of the naa/6xx/early 2000 using the 134ci engine.. etc.

Soundguy

/ Ford NAA - Jubilee
BobG,

Thanks for clarifying that for me.

I was pretty sure the Jubilee was a one year model run and it was called a NAA before and after the one year run. Alot of folks I talk to call it a Jubilee instead of a NAA. Does the NAA have a meaning ??

Soundguy,

Thanks for the info. I was 99% sure that Ford did not make a diesel for the NAA / Jubilee but this guy said they did. He also told me that the HP output ( mid 50 engine HP ) was similar to my FPM. I like to be 100% before I start debating a topic with someone.

Going back to your previous post. Wasn't the Fordson Dexta brought to the U.S and re-badged as a Ford 2000 ??? I know the Dexta's had a mid 3HP diesel 3 cylinder in them. The engine ( partially designed by perkins ) is supposedly one the most durable / cheapest diesels ever put in a tractor. I would love to add one to my collection but management says no. :mad:

Scott

/ Ford NAA - Jubilee #5  
Sounds more like a 800 series Ford. I had a 1958 801 diesel. The emblem in the hood is much like the NAA emblem. The seller thought mine was a NAA. Serial number is above the starter on side of the block ( if the battery never broke & acid ate thru the battery box & washed away the numbers like many did). Serial number will define the model & vintage. MikeD74T

/ Ford NAA - Jubilee #6  
Sounds like the guy is ignorant of ford info, other than buzz words.

A 172 should provide about 48 hp.

Yes.. there were fordson/ford rebadges 2000 and 5000 comes to mind.

Most people can't tell a NAA / 600/601 800/801 early 2000/4000 apart. There are only a few subtle differences to the casual observer.

Soundguy

morningwood said:
BobG,

I was pretty sure the Jubilee was a one year model run and it was called a NAA before and after the one year run. Alot of folks I talk to call it a Jubilee instead of a NAA. Does the NAA have a meaning ??

Soundguy,

Thanks for the info. I was 99% sure that Ford did not make a diesel for the NAA / Jubilee but this guy said they did. He also told me that the HP output ( mid 50 engine HP ) was similar to my FPM. I like to be 100% before I start debating a topic with someone.

Going back to your previous post. Wasn't the Fordson Dexta brought to the U.S and re-badged as a Ford 2000 ??? I know the Dexta's had a mid 3HP diesel 3 cylinder in them. The engine ( partially designed by perkins ) is supposedly one the most durable / cheapest diesels ever put in a tractor. I would love to add one to my collection but management says no. :mad:

Scott

/ Ford NAA - Jubilee
Soundguy,

I knew the guy was a BS'er when he told his 1/2 ton Chevy Avalanche could pull a bobcat and trailer easy. Hopefully for his sakes, his trailer brakes never give up or he has to stop real fast because he will kill himself and probably someone else. He also pulled a 60 - 70 foot house trailer with the same Avalanche. When I asked him if he had any idea what the trailer weighed he said "I don't have far to go". The ball and hitch he had was was probably tilted at a 30 degree angle after he got load the trailer on it. I have 3/4 ton truck and I don't think I would of attempted that myself. Teach his own I guess.

Scott

/ Ford NAA - Jubilee #8  
Yep.. got to watch towed loads. My dodge has a 360 and will pull alot more than it's brakes AND trailer brakes are capable of stopping... Thus I only pull what the trailer is rated for. That's a pain sometimes cause I can't take my 5000 or 7610s anywhere they can't drive... but it's better to be safe.. than 'dead wrong.'

soundguy

/ Ford NAA - Jubilee #9  
I own a 1953 Ford Naa with a diesel motor in it. Long story short My grand father bought this tractor in the early 60's and swapped motors. He worked for Ford and did field equipment repairs. He died in 79' and his son sold the tractor. I found it about 3 months ago and bought it back. It is remarkably good shape and still runs great. I am in the process of bringing it back to the great cond. it was in when it was sold. I just wonder what that diesel came out of. Any ideas? The number on the block is CONN 60150. I am extremely curious. This buyback is the best thing that has ever happened to me, It will only leave my possesion when I die.

/ Ford NAA - Jubilee #10  
need the letter after the number.

could be a 144ci diesel.. or a 172/192.. all of them share the same bellhousing bolt pattern as the 134's

soundguy