Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast
    Tractor
    Kubota GST Grand L3130 w/ 723 loader, Ags

Default Ford YT16

I picked up a used Ford lawnmower circa 1985 that is in very good condition. It comes with a PTO operated impeller for the bagger that is really great. It is pretty heavy duty compared to the thin metal sold today. Never posted on the lawnmower board so this is a first. Here are some pics..
    Attached Images Attached Images

Tractor
    Cub Cadet 682

Default Re: Ford YT16

Very nice! Those were some very good tractors in their time. They were some of the last tractors made by Gilson manufacturing, who made tractors under the Ford, Jacobsen, and Montgomery Ward names, and some models for Sears. They called the YT's "yard tractors," sort of a middle point between a lawn and garden tractor. They did come with excellent Kohler Magnum engines and heavy duty transaxles, perhaps even better stuff than what you'll find in a modern day garden tractor.

-Fordlords-
    1980 Cub Cadet 682 with 18 HP Honda GX V-Twin engine
    2008 Ariens 624 Snowblower
    2007 Craftsman by MTD 4 Cycle Weedwacker

Check out my TBN photo gallery for B4 and after pix of my CC 682 Restoration! http://www.tractorbynet.com/photos/s...cat/500/page/1

Tractor

It seems to be doing everything I need it for. I use it at my country property. Quite hilly and could use more traction. Chains will probably be next. I really like how the bagger picks up. I think if you sit in one spot it will suck the earthworms out of their holes. Oldie but goodie for my purposes....

Tractor
    Cub Cadet 682

I forgot these were made under the Bolens name too, the company at the time being called Gilson/Bolens, owned by FMC. They were sold to Troy Built/Garden Way in the mid 1990's then to MTD in 2001 where unfortunately the Bolens name is now just another one of many low end MTD products.

-Fordlords-
    1980 Cub Cadet 682 with 18 HP Honda GX V-Twin engine
    2008 Ariens 624 Snowblower
    2007 Craftsman by MTD 4 Cycle Weedwacker

Check out my TBN photo gallery for B4 and after pix of my CC 682 Restoration! http://www.tractorbynet.com/photos/s...cat/500/page/1

Hey Folks!

I have a YT16 that is in need of a steering gear/assembly. The part I need is the assembly part that goes through the body and the linkage connects to. I have searched over the net and have come up with one site (Which I can't find it now). Does anyone know anywhere in the country where I can get parts? This is probably the best tractor I have ever owned for cutting grass and I plan on keeping this machine for a long time. I can be better contacted @ sizemoreg@gmail.com. Thanks in advance for any help.

Tractor
    ford yt16 x2

nice tractor i have the same where can i get that bagger at or who makes. i have a parts yt16 that needs patred out if you need anything, thanx

Tractor
    ford yt16 x2

Quote Originally Posted by johnk View Post
    I picked up a used Ford lawnmower circa 1985 that is in very good condition. It comes with a PTO operated impeller for the bagger that is really great. It is pretty heavy duty compared to the thin metal sold today. Never posted on the lawnmower board so this is a first. Here are some pics..
    nice tractor these things are great i have the same do you know where i might find that bagger at or who makes it. i also have one of these complete for parts if ever intersted, thanx

Tractor

Not sure as to who made the bagger attachment. Possibly could be by Ford.You could try a Ford tractor dealer as they still carry parts and possibly can get a line on 1.

if you have a parts tractror do you still have the mower deck?is it in good shape?would you sell it?or do you know where I could find a good one

Quote Originally Posted by johnk View Post
    It seems to be doing everything I need it for. I use it at my country property. Quite hilly and could use more traction. Chains will probably be next. I really like how the bagger picks up. I think if you sit in one spot it will suck the earthworms out of their holes. Oldie but goodie for my purposes....
    John, I also have a YT16 and I like it. Even tho it only has 16hp, less power than my Craftsman YS, 22hp, it will out pull it..easily!
    Anyhow, if you're looking for more traction, try loading the rear tires first, then, add chains if it's not enough. My yard is a little hilly in a couple of places and after dragging a 5'x10' chain link fence with about 300lbs weight on it, (to smooth my yard), even going up those small hills, I only lost traction a few times until I loaded the rears.

By the way, if anyone is interested, there's an OEM plow for a YT18 on craigslist for $100. The guy is in the Buckeye. I tried to buy it but he wasn't interested in shipping....and I'm in Texas.

Bob

Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast