8N carb issues

/ 8N carb issues #1  

tin soldier

I just rebuild the carb and it dies on acceleration. I have no idea what's going on. I have new fuel, clean lines and it can't get up to 2000 rpm, separate from the gov even. I've adjusted all the needle valves to specs in the book. For some reason when you open the thottle plate, the engine dies and I think it's being starved of fuel, but I suppose it could be the other way too rich.

Help:confused2:

/ 8N carb issues #2  
A search on 8N Fords might give you some leads, as well as a better Forum than lawn and garden to be in touch with the 8N Ford members. ;)

/ 8N carb issues
Thanks so much, I had a hard time finding that particular forum. I didn't think the lawn tractor area was quite right.

/ 8N carb issues #5  
2 things come to mind that i have happen...Check the glass bowl under the tank, make sure that the hole opening from the fuel strainer to the tank is clear so that the bowl fills up, 2 also these tanks get rusted up pretty easily on the inside and its not uncommon for rust flakes to find their way to the strainer opening...some other things are worn points or plugs, clogged fuel line . if its metal it might also be rusted internally restricting fuel..hope this helps some..been there done that..keep looking it will show up