Ford 8n wont start

/ Ford 8n wont start #1  

RightWay

Tractor
Ford 8n 1950
I was using my Ford 8N to cut the field. It quit. I checked for fire and didn't get any. I checked the coil wire connection through the distributor and found that it was shorted. I fixed that and a ohm meter checked it ok. I then had fire to the plugs. It still wouldnt start. I pulled several plugs and found them somewhat black but no evidence of gas. I took the carburator apart checked the needle and its working ok. The carburator had gas in it. It still wont start. I have ordered a rebuild kit for the carb. I hope that fixes it. Is there any thing else about the carburator that would cause it not to supply gas to the cylinders?

/ Ford 8n wont start #2  
Check the jet. Mine did this and had a small piece of trash in the jet restricting fuel flow.

/ Ford 8n wont start
I found out its not in the carb. The distributor has slipped time. I retimed it to only stall again and had to retime it. I am beginning to believe that the pin in the lower gear on the distributor may be sheared. It's running now after the last retiming. If it does it again I will assume the pin is sheared and will pull the distributor and check to see if the gear has slipped position. The position of number 1 had moved approximately 180 when I had to reset it and then moved again about the same amount back to approximately the original place the second time.