Tractor
    Ford 2810,Ford 1920,1951 Ford 8n,1947 Farmall Cub

Default need hood and other sheet metal

I have a Ford 1920.Would like to find new or used sheet metal parts.These tractors have flimsy body metal and mine looks rough otherwise they are tough little tractors.A good facelift and I'll keep this tractor another 20 years.

Tractor
    in-between tractors

Default Re: need hood and other sheet metal

You much more likely to get a response on tractor salvage yards if post in the Ford / New Holland section. There are several people that have or have had a 1920 tractor

Bronze Member
    Tractor
    '63 Ford 4000, '48 Massey Harris 30

I'm getting an old style ('63) Ford 4000, and the guy who restores them showed me the old metal hood and front pillars and I saw how many holes were rusted in them. I know its old metal, but I never saw such rust damage on a Ford brand auto steel. Don't understand how a Ford tractor steel can have that much damage. He says a new hood top costs $450, so we're fixing the old one. This may be the sorriest aspect of the old Fords, so it must be a common problem? Bottom line, they are apparently available as new replacement parts, but pretty expensive.

Tractor
    in-between tractors

Rust problem is more a function of how tractor is stored and maintained. If the tractor was stored outside and paint not touched up I am surprised anything is left. Remember tractor is 50+ years old.

Tractor
    in-between tractors

Also much more activity in the New Holland forum than here. This is more of a lawn mower section