Ford 4000 fuel trouble

/ Ford 4000 fuel trouble #1  

mudmtn

Tractor
Ford 4000
Hi guys new here and have a question on Ford 4000. The fuel line has been rerun from what I believe was its original path to carb. Old line left took it around and down etc... The problem is when I get to around a 1/4 tank its starts to cut out and if I am going uphill or opposite side hill from petcock she will stop getting fuel. Any thoughts on how to correct this? I am assuming the configuration of the way the old line ran gave a buffer of time or enough supply of gas so that this did not happen.

/ Ford 4000 fuel trouble #2  
Had a 1968 Ford 2000 with somewhat similar problems. There were total of 4 filters prior to carb. I cleaned all and blew out fuel line with compressed air. Finally solved my problem. The fuel shut off on tank has a tower type filter up inside the fuel tank. Mine had broken off and was not filtering. A minute piece of gravel was in the shut off valve. Also, crud on top of the fuel pump inlet area. The 4 filter locations on 2000 from carb back to tank are: 1.)In line brass filter in carb/fuel line. 2.)Sediment bowl. 3.)Screen filter on fuel pump (top portion of fuel pump, supply side). 4).Tower filter (attached to shut-off valve and up inside fuel tank) remove shut off valve and tower should be on top of valve.

/ Ford 4000 fuel trouble #3  
And if you have the original Holley carb and the fuel pump disconnected from the supply circuit, it will run like crap with less than 1/2 tank or less.

/ Ford 4000 fuel trouble
Thanks for the response. I do believe it is a Holley, but I may have another problem, where the heck is the fuel pump. I thought my problem was a gravity feed issue. Line from tank to inline filter to carb. If this has a fuel pump somewhere, I know that is where to start. Tractor runs fine until gas in tank starts getting down. I have to play a game with watching my fuel level, my empty right now is just above a 1/4 tank. Seems silly because I still do have plenty of gas. Its really a pain beause if I am going uphill or sidehill I have to be ready to turn toward the gasline side of tractor before she stalls.

/ Ford 4000 fuel trouble #5  
Fuel pump is mounted in the upper left corner of the timing cover, inboard of the generator. You will need to remove the LH (fixed half) hood to see it.