Ford 1310 parts support

/ Ford 1310 parts support #1  

msjanket

Silver Member
How much longer can we expect support of the Ford line of tractors with the Shibaura engines? Most seem to go back to the 70's. I think Shibaura and Ford have called it quits or are about to.
Just wondering if purchase of one of the Ford/Shibaura tractors is a good idea now.

/ Ford 1310 parts support #2  
i have a 1310 im parting out

look for bubbles in the radiator first and foremost oil and water mixture as well also look for cracks in the block

never ever start with starting fluid these engines cant take it

if it doesnt start with the glow plugs and starter then walk away

i have had a few of these everyone one i had always had to use the glow plugs no matter the temperature

/ Ford 1310 parts support #3  
Do you still have this tractor? I'm lookng for steering parts.

i have a 1310 im parting out

look for bubbles in the radiator first and foremost oil and water mixture as well also look for cracks in the block

never ever start with starting fluid these engines cant take it

if it doesnt start with the glow plugs and starter then walk away

i have had a few of these everyone one i had always had to use the glow plugs no matter the temperature

/ Ford 1310 parts support #4  
I have no inside info in reply to your question, but IMO, with Shibaura still making tractors and a fairly strong New Holland network of dealers in place, getting parts should not be to much of an issue for these machines. Maybe talk to your local dealer.

I had a ford 1520, and was very happy with the machine.

/ Ford 1310 parts support #5  
Any idea about someone who carries Shibaura parts? I've looked but really only seem to come up with salvage yards.

I did finally locate a steering column replacement It was $325. Everyone else wants over 600 bucks... Thieves!

It was Allstate Parts in Wisconsin who had it.