Ford 3000 1965 Diesel

/ Ford 3000 1965 Diesel #1  

Cdogg

Tractor
Ford 3000 Diesel
Hello all, I am a new member and i already did my new member introduction yesterday. My new tractor will be put into service faster than i wanted it to. I have my tractor service manual orderd and coming in the next two weeks. There is a good possibility that i will be disc-ing next weekend for deer summer plots. But i havent even started to piddle with my tractor yet. There are three things that concern me,
1) I have a 6 1/2" round plate that the foot plate is bolted to and it is leaking Hydraulic Fluid out of. What is this plate and can i get a gasket from a Napa store??? Its dripping pretty good.
2) oil change it looks that the oil filter is covered by a bigger oil filter shaped guard. It seems pretty easy to remove and i am assuming its a oil filter underneath??
3)My right front wheel the bearings look shot. I was going to see if Napa had this as well.

What do yall think? I know haste makes waste but i would rather do at least this before disc-ing 2 acres +/-. I do not have any tractor supplys close by nor any ford tractor dealers. Original plan was to get her ready for this coming fall planting, but things have changed.

Just so yall know the fluids are all old with the exception of the hydraulic fluid.
Also would have rather waited for my service manual so i wouldn't to ask silly questions but i would rather ask and gain some info before going in blind.

Thanks for the help and if i am in the wrong spot please direct me to where i should be.

/ Ford 3000 1965 Diesel #2  
Ford/New Holland would be a better forum to get answers, This forum is for smaller mowers. Post a request for a moderator to move this to another forum(New Holland, sub-forum - own/operate). If you go on the New Holland web site, (agriculture in North America options) the part and search for your tractor, there will be parts diagrams that should help answer your questions.

/ Ford 3000 1965 Diesel
Thank you mostly_Gas,

Can a moderator move this to the proper place please?? Thank you and I Hope i can find it lol