FORD 3000 Dash lights staying on

/ FORD 3000 Dash lights staying on #1  

tacker

Tractor
1953 Ford Jubilee
Just sold my Jubilee and upgraded to a nice restored Ford 3000 for only $400 more !...Got it home and noticed that when i turn the key off the two lights in the bottom corners stay on - The guy mentioned he thought the tractor had a bad battery, but I am thinking that these lights are staying on and just causing it to run down... Any ideas where to start ? I havn't had time to go out and play with it yet , but I plan on heading out there in a few hours.. Just thought I'd see if anyone had a suggestion on where to look or what could be causing it ... Lights stay on after turning the key off and even removing the key as well..
Thanks!

IMG_5220.jpg

IMG_5218.jpg

/ FORD 3000 Dash lights staying on
On a side note I think the Gauge cluster is the only thing I will want to replace soon as it is not working

/ FORD 3000 Dash lights staying on
Battery was sizzling and producing some serious fumes - so i unplugged the neg cable and started checking all the wires as best i could without removing any of the engine cover stuff - so far nothing yet...

/ FORD 3000 Dash lights staying on #4  
Bad key switch or the wiring harness was incorrectly installed after that DuPont overhaul. Don't rush to replace the instrument panel as you will be swapping out the fuel and temp senders in order to have everything work. New aftermarket clusters have gauges with different resistance values than OEM.