Ford 8n 2 row cultivator

/ Ford 8n 2 row cultivator #1  

docrocky

Silver Member
Tractor
Oliver 880, Ford 8N, Ford 9N, Farmall Super C, MF 205, Ford 4400 FEL, Ford 4500 FEL/BH, Cat D-6 Dozer(1957)
I have an old 8n which runs nicely and i picked up a Dearborn 2 row cultivator. How wide should I set the corn rows? I plant by hand but I now need to cultivate with the tractor because the lumbar spine won't let me use the walk behind rototiller for weed control. I plant 4 row sections, 25 feet long of white, bicolor and yellow every 10 days, then repeat. I set up stakes, and string, then furrow with a dutch hoe then drop the seed through a funnel and PVC pipe (so I don't have to bend or stoop). That way I see the seed has dropped then I water the grove and then cover. All the sweet corn is donated to church kitchens and or food banks. I do enbibe in a few ears myself for quality control. I ate about 10 ears one night and almost blew out my large intestine with gas. I almost called Consolidated Gas to see if they need a coproducer.
Thanks for your help...RockyDoc...95th. Evac Hosp. RVN Da Nang...I think the Agent Orange is getting to me....

Attachments

• IMG_0175.jpg
    IMG_0175.jpg
    814.3 KB · Views: 1,617
  • IMG_0176.jpg
    IMG_0176.jpg
    459.4 KB · Views: 894
   / Ford 8n 2 row cultivator #2  
I have an old 8n which runs nicely and i picked up a Dearborn 2 row cultivator. How wide should I set the corn rows? I plant by hand but I now need to cultivate with the tractor because the lumbar spine won't let me use the walk behind rototiller for weed control. I plant 4 row sections, 25 feet long of white, bicolor and yellow every 10 days, then repeat. I set up stakes, and string, then furrow with a dutch hoe then drop the seed through a funnel and PVC pipe (so I don't have to bend or stoop). That way I see the seed has dropped then I water the grove and then cover. All the sweet corn is donated to church kitchens and or food banks. I do enbibe in a few ears myself for quality control. I ate about 10 ears one night and almost blew out my large intestine with gas. I almost called Consolidated Gas to see if they need a coproducer.
Thanks for your help...RockyDoc...95th. Evac Hosp. RVN Da Nang...I think the Agent Orange is getting to me....

Good work on both counts! I too am growing for food banks. Not much else a wore out old soldier can do. I am growing two cultivars of Irish potato, two of pole bean and one of Asian Winged Bean.
I was a customer of an Evac Hospital in RVN. THANKS!
Johnny Coleman
SSG, USA
Retired