Ford model 1920 4x4

/ Ford model 1920 4x4 #1  

rodger1

Tractor
ford model 1920
I have a mid 80s model 1920 Ford tractor.I'm in the process of spliting it to replace the clutch.My question is,How does the drive shaft come out.It looks like it runs in to a small gear box.I don't know if I need to drop that gear box down or just take the bolts out of the front of the shaft and support it when I split the tractor.I don't know if the gear box will slide out of another gear,or it just mesh with another gear.I don't a big suprise when i pull it down. any help?
Rodger

/ Ford model 1920 4x4 #2  
You might get more response in the New Holland section, not all the guys familiar with the shibuara built compacts watch this forum.

/ Ford model 1920 4x4 #3  
Remove the short, split section of the driveshaft cover.
Remove the rollpin from the exposed driveshaft coupler. (it may be necessary to roll the tractor or jack a front wheel & rotate it to access the rollpin adequately.)
Slide the driveshaft cover over the coupler you just worked on and remove the rollipn from the oposite coupler.
Slide the coupler onto the driveshaft and off the input pinion or dropbox output, depending on which end you are working on.
Slide the other coupler off and drop the shaft and cover down and off.