echo or sthil trimmer

/ echo or sthil trimmer #41  
I own a Stihl FS450 and really like it. Since I bought it two years ago I have had nothing but high praise for it. I've got a great dealer that always takes care of my equipment, so no down time there ever. I also own a nice lightweight Stihl chain saw. Since I purchased those, I've also acquired a DR Field & Brush Mower (17 hp Kawasaki version) and a Kubota L4400, so it doesn't see as much use as it did once, but I just consider it fills out my needs as far as brush is concerned. Only thing I need now is a nice sized Bobcat with two turning axles instead of tracks with a huge brushcutter on the front and I'll be a happy camper :D

FS450k.gif

/ echo or sthil trimmer #42  
I have a 30 year old Echo Bruscutter and it's still running strong. Cannot attest to the new stuff but thinking about upgrading to the Echo 400U :D

/ echo or sthil trimmer #43  
Dargo said:
Now stop that!! :mad: With you guys talking about how nice the FS 110 is, and seeing them everywhere in commercial use and in use by all our highway departments, you're making me want one of the new FS 110's! :eek:

I love my FS110R with 4-mix engine. It's a very powerful machine. I use square string and with a double string head it runs a long, long time before needing more string. I can't remember exactly what we paid for it because my wife bought it when I was in Iraq the first time. I'm thinking a little over $300.

/ echo or sthil trimmer
Echo has a 300hr useable life rating. I found some other so called pro trimmers that only had 50hr rating. Anybody know what the useable hour rating is on the pro models that sthil sales?

/ echo or sthil trimmer #45  
I bought a FS130 this year and really love it, the 4-mix engines are fantastic. These have lots of low end torque and a sound all of their own. I would recommend them highly to anyone.