Weed Trimmer Line

/ Weed Trimmer Line #1  

Charlton John

Gold Member
Tractor
Kubota B2620
Hey Guys, Can anyone recommend a good tough weed wacker line. I bought this cheap spool a year or so ago and now I have rock walls etc... I am trying to trim against and this cheap crap keeps breaking. I am looking to get something very durable. Thanks

/ Weed Trimmer Line
Excellent, Thanks for taking the time to look for me. For some reason my search engine was working this morning. It appears this gator line (square) is the way to go. Thanks again

/ Weed Trimmer Line #4  
Magnum Gatorline by Oregon wears like iron. I bought a .5 lb donut 2 yrs ago and trim and edge about 30 min a wk and still haven't quite used it all. There is a difference in the Gatorline and MagnumGator line. Magnum Gatorline has an Aramid fiber core (used in body armor) that makes it very tough and resistant to breaking.

/ Weed Trimmer Line #5  
Another vote for the Magnum Gator... Its great stuff

/ Weed Trimmer Line #6  
I recently bought some of the Magnum Gatorline in .95 square and it's definitely tough stuff. I doubt that I'll ever buy another brand/type of trimmer line, this stuff is so durable that there isn't any need too.

/ Weed Trimmer Line #7  
I'll bet that stuff is Magnum....I know it has a core in the center......I was wondering what the core is made of.....

If you use your other trimmer, pay close attention to what you are trimming and how many times you bump the head. Then, when you switch, you'll see the difference.

/ Weed Trimmer Line #8  
I'll bet that stuff is Magnum....I know it has a core in the center......I was wondering what the core is made of.....

If you use your other trimmer, pay close attention to what you are trimming and how many times you bump the head. Then, when you switch, you'll see the difference.

I believe the core is made of Kevlar?

Stu