Blower with gutter attachment??

/ Blower with gutter attachment?? #1  

Richard

Elite Member
Tractor
International 1066 Full sized JCB Loader/Backhoe and a John Deere 430 to mow with
I've decided an attachment for my blower for my gutters MIGHT be worth looking into.

Anyone have/use one that care to share your experiences??

How would you feel using it while standing on ladder 10/15' off ground?

Can you be 'under' the gutter and still use it? By 'under', what I mean is, (see picture) if I stand on my deck, the gutter is still a couple feet further out so I'd be under and 'inside' the perpendicular line of the gutter (if that makes any sense)

I don't want to have to climb a ladder five times each fall to dump the leaves as they are falling from the trees. I don't want to drop the offending tree (though I think that will probalby be part of the solution)

I wonder if I had a gutter attachment, if I could blow them out easily, especially with the odd angle I'd have to access them??

Attachments

• gutter.jpg
    gutter.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 312
   / Blower with gutter attachment?? #2  
I've decided an attachment for my blower for my gutters MIGHT be worth looking into.

Anyone have/use one that care to share your experiences??

How would you feel using it while standing on ladder 10/15' off ground?

Can you be 'under' the gutter and still use it? By 'under', what I mean is, (see picture) if I stand on my deck, the gutter is still a couple feet further out so I'd be under and 'inside' the perpendicular line of the gutter (if that makes any sense)

I don't want to have to climb a ladder five times each fall to dump the leaves as they are falling from the trees. I don't want to drop the offending tree (though I think that will probalby be part of the solution)

I wonder if I had a gutter attachment, if I could blow them out easily, especially with the odd angle I'd have to access them??

Good morning Richard. My dad had a hand held Echo leaf blower with their gutter cleaning attachment. It was basically a very long tube with a 180 degree U bend at the top and another 90 degree bend to angle the nozzle. You can stand ont he ground and clean the gutters without a ladder. He tried it out on my grandmother's gutters and promptly got showered with dirt, rotten oak streamers and stagnant gutter water. It worked as advertised! :p

/ Blower with gutter attachment?? #3  
Yep -- just like Moss said -- really good for a gutter dirt shower:eek: -- If it does not hit you, it showers everything else:p -- not one of your better attachments IMHO.

/ Blower with gutter attachment??
You can stand ont he ground and clean the gutters without a ladder.

That's just it... I'm not so sure that I could stand on the ground. For one of my gutters that is more problematic, I'd want to clean it out more often and since my ladder (24' fiberglass extension) weighs a ton, I'm trying to see if other answers work.

This attachment could be another answer HOWEVER, I have an issue of the gutter being too high (second picture) or perhaps too awkward to get to (first picture)

Does that change your thinking?

Attachments

• DSCN5491.JPG
    DSCN5491.JPG
    275.2 KB · Views: 534
   / Blower with gutter attachment?? #5  
You'd be better off to install some type of gutter guard unless you have so many leaves that it is going to clog up no matter what. My neighbor used vinyl soffit material as guard for his gutters--and seems to be happy with it.

/ Blower with gutter attachment??
I just realized this picture doesn't show the guttering :rolleyes:

You can see where the gutter should go around the roof.

The gutter is installed today, this is an old picture.

/ Blower with gutter attachment?? #7  
why dont you stand on the roof a few feet from the edge and use a regular blower with small homeade extension (PVC pipe) to plow it out that way. then you dont get rained on by debris.

the pitch of the roof doesnt look all that steep. (and you can just climb out a window) and you can always go with fall arest harness and all that good safty jaz if you feel so inclined.

/ Blower with gutter attachment?? #8  
You don't seem to have many trees in the front. So some type of guard on the gutters would probably work well. My neighbor made his own from ventilated vinyl soffit material. Or you can go pay a few thousand for the name brand stuff.

/ Blower with gutter attachment?? #9  
Hi Richard,
Why ever did you put gutters on your good looking house?:D But, since you did, I agree a vinyl guard would probably do the trick.

The ice dams rip gutters off around here, an alternative is to deal with the runoff on the ground level. A bed of rocks, tough vining plants, etc. below the eaves. You have a nice slope away from the foundation already.

/ Blower with gutter attachment?? #10  
He tried it out on my grandmother's gutters and promptly got showered with dirt, rotten oak streamers and stagnant gutter water. It worked as advertised!

That is exactly how it worked for me too.

I started thinking about laying a piece of PVC pipe in the gutter with holes drilled in it every 12" to 18" which could be attached to my air compressor when I wanted to blow it out. Let the gutter shower hit the ground.

The PVC pipe is light enough & cheap enough that it could be left in the gutter year-round. Only hook it up at blowing time.

Never did get a chance to try it...