Lehr Propane Trimmer w/ detachable shaft -- what attachments fit?

/ Lehr Propane Trimmer w/ detachable shaft -- what attachments fit? #1  

jas67

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kubota B7610 + Kubota G1800-S
According to the Ace Hardware site, MTD attachments (which also means Troybilt) fit. What about Poulan? Amazon as a Poulan PP5000P Pro Pole Pruner String Trimmer Attachment,
Amazon.com: Poulan PP5000P Pro Pole Pruner String Trimmer Attachment: Home Improvement

For $69. Will this fit?

The trimmer I have is this one:
Amazon.com: LEHR ST025DS 25cc Propane Powered 4-Stroke Detachable Straight-Shaft Eco Trimmer: Patio, Lawn & Garden

I just got it, and haven't used it yet. I did pour the oil in it and start it up. No odor! Amazing, after having used a 2-cycle gas-powered one. My "old" one, an Echo GT-200R is actually only a year old and works fine, but is a curved-shaft model, and can't get in under some of the stuff I need to trim under. I'll likely be taking a big loss on this one when I sell it. It is a quality piece, but I was attracted to the 4-cycle propane powered Lehr, as I'm kinda sick if stinking of 2-cycle exhaust after trimming. I'm able to cut the grass with my Kubota G1800 (diesel), and a little push mowing with a standard 4-cycle mower, and not feel the need to shower immediately (unless it is hot and humid) -- but as little as 10-15 minutes with the 2-cycle trimmer, and I couldn't stand to be around myself. It is worse with a trimmer than my chainsaw, I think because the engine is much closer to you with a trimmer. Anyway, I started the Lehr inside the garage with the doors closed and ran it for a few minutes. No odor! This, is of coarse, why forklifts use propane instead of gasoline.

One issue that I had before buying it was that of the environmental impact of disposing of the disposable 16.1 oz cylinders (yes, recyclable, but that still has impact) until I found out that they can be safely refilled from a 20lb propane tank.