*** Official TBN Messy Yard Contest *** Win a Black & Decker String Trimmer ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
   / *** Official TBN Messy Yard Contest *** Win a Black & Decker String Trimmer *** #1  

Muhammad

Administrator
Tractor
None currently
Hi Everybody,

Black & Decker recently released a new 24 Volt Cordless String Trimmer/Edger. They sent us one to test out, as well as one to give away to one lucky TBN member. In light of how popular our recent 2,000,000th post contest was, we have decided to have a little fun with the giveaway and have another contest.

But first thing's first. Let me tell you a little about the trimmer:

The last time I bought a trimmer, there were two choices: gas powered, or corded electric powered. Anybody with a lawn bigger than the size of a kiddie pool knows that corded electric power tools are extremely limiting in their reach, and winding up a cord is no fun. I've used a few, such as leaf blowers and trimmers and thought the power was sufficient but couldn't get over dragging a cord around. I preferred the durability and freedom of a gas-powered tool.

attachment.php

Now there's another choice: battery-powered cordless. These trimmers use the same technology as a battery-powered drill or screwdriver (as well as many other power tools). For users who have normal residential lawn care needs, this option is becoming increasingly popular and can make a lot of sense for budget-conscious power tool buyers.

The Black & Decker 24 Volt Cordless String Trimmer/Edger has a 24-volt ni-cad battery pack, adjustable handle, lightweight aluminum shaft (trimmer weighs in at 8.8lbs), and a couple of neat features that set it apart from some of its competitors:

Power boost mode for extra power which works sort of like a high-low switch, but requires you to hold you finger on the button. This to me means it's designed for bursts of extra power and probably uses a lot more battery than the normal mode.

Automatic feed spool which advances the string as needed.

Flip-down edging guide which allows you to use the trimmer as an edger around borders, sidewalks, driveways, etc.

Another feature that Black & Decker proudly advertises is that the trimmer, being battery-powered, offers zero emissions.

Warranty is 2 years. You can buy it direct from Black & Decker for $149.97.

*** THE "MESSY YARD" CONTEST ***

Now, the fun part. We're giving away one Black & Decker 24 Volt Cordless String Trimmer/Edger to the winner of the TBN "Messy Yard" Contest. Here's how it works:

Reply to this thread with a photo of your messy yard. We're looking for the messiest yard on TBN---the yard that needs trimming the most. It's been pretty hot in a lot of places lately so maybe you've neglected mowing or trimming for a while?

We will be accepting photos in reply to this thread from now through Sunday, July 18, 2010.

On Monday, July 19, 2010 we will select 10 finalists (or all photos if fewer than 10 are submitted).

Then, the TBN member voting period will start. All TBN members may vote once for the yard they think is the messiest---and the member most deserving of the free Black & Decker trimmer.

Voting will end on Monday, July 26, 2010 and the messy yard that gets the most votes will be the winner!

*** Rules & regulations ***

One messy yard submission per TBN member. You may upload as many photos of the same yard as you'd like.

You must own (or rent) the yard which you take a photo of. You can't submit a photo of your neighbor's messy yard! You must own the copyright of the photo you submit. Any photo found to be digitally altered to make the lawn look messier will be disqualified.

You must be a TBN member to participate. Only registered, logged-in TBN members will be allowed to vote. Only one vote per TBN member. You may vote for your own messy lawn one time. Attempts to vote more than once (registering multiple accounts) will result in your vote not being counted.

No purchase is necessary to participate. The maximum number of steps required to complete your participation is one (photo submission). The maximum amount of money you will be asked to pay to participate is $0. The maximum amount of money the winner will be asked to pay to receive the prize is $0. The contest will terminate on July 26, 2010. The prize will be sent out within 10 days of contest termination. In the event of a tie, the two photos with the most number of votes will enter a 24-hour tiebreaker in which all members may vote again to determine the winner.

*** LET THE CONTEST BEGIN!!! ***

Attachments

• Black-and-Decker-24-Volt-Cordless-String-Trimmer.jpg
    Black-and-Decker-24-Volt-Cordless-String-Trimmer.jpg
    24.5 KB · Views: 2,226
   / *** Official TBN Messy Yard Contest *** Win a Black & Decker String Trimmer *** #2  
Re: *** Official TBN Messy Yard Contest *** Win a Black & Decker String Trimmer ***

You can't submit a photo of your neighbor's messy yard!

I thought I might have a chance of winnning, but that rule ruined my chances.:laughing:

/ *** Official TBN Messy Yard Contest *** Win a Black & Decker String Trimmer *** #3  
Re: *** Official TBN Messy Yard Contest *** Win a Black & Decker String Trimmer ***

Bird..see if we can get that rule changed.....come on ..use your influence, I will bet you I know of a yard in our county that would be messier than any yard in your county...:laughing::laughing::laughing:

/ *** Official TBN Messy Yard Contest *** Win a Black & Decker String Trimmer *** #4  

"the yard that needs trimming the most"

So no extra points for a '73 Pinto?

Attachments

• pinto.jpg
    pinto.jpg
    37.8 KB · Views: 245
   / *** Official TBN Messy Yard Contest *** Win a Black & Decker String Trimmer ***

"the yard that needs trimming the most"

So no extra points for a '73 Pinto?

No, save that one for the "junkyard" contest. :laughing:

/ *** Official TBN Messy Yard Contest *** Win a Black & Decker String Trimmer *** #6  

My chigger & tick infested backyard:

attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_5724.jpg
    IMG_5724.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 1,544
   / *** Official TBN Messy Yard Contest *** Win a Black & Decker String Trimmer *** #7  

If we don't get out of this rain pattern I might have a chance. Not complaining about rain just saying!:)

Beppington, are you still whining about those chiggers and ticks?! :laughing::D Just giggin' ya!:)

/ *** Official TBN Messy Yard Contest *** Win a Black & Decker String Trimmer *** #8  

I'll have to step off to the side,for if I let the grass go wild Mrs. just might garish my allowance :(

/ *** Official TBN Messy Yard Contest *** Win a Black & Decker String Trimmer *** #9  

Beppington, are you still whining about those chiggers and ticks?! :laughing::D Just giggin' ya!:)

Hey now, I still have chigger "wounds" or "marks", whatever you wanna call 'em, from a month ago! They don't heal very fast! I may have them licked now, though, new ones anyway, since making a concoction, mixing some sulfur powder into a container of baby powder & dusting my ankles/ socks/ shoes/ feet/ waistline. Having gotten any since. We shall see :eek:

/ *** Official TBN Messy Yard Contest *** Win a Black & Decker String Trimmer *** #10  

We just got weeds in our yard. I mow it every week and it looks fine. Although we did just tear a bunch of stumps out recently.... Actually, last week and this morning.:thumbsup: Sad to say, we already filled in most of the holes. and put the stumps in piles.:( But we still have large piles of stumps, a few LARGE holes, and uneven ground to provide me some seat time.:D:p

Attachments

• 6-29-10 023.JPG
    6-29-10 023.JPG
    929.6 KB · Views: 222
  • 6-29-10 077.JPG
    6-29-10 077.JPG
    942.5 KB · Views: 564
  • 6-29-10 072.JPG
    6-29-10 072.JPG
    903.1 KB · Views: 199
  • 6-29-10 039.JPG
    6-29-10 039.JPG