Stihl EB600 or RedMax EBZ8050

/ Stihl EB600 or RedMax EBZ8050 #1  

BethesdaEC

Gold Member
Tractor
JD 2520
I am going to buy a new blower this weekend and I am leaning towards the Stihl, but the RedMax is a close second. The Stihl seems to have the lighter weight design and the googles that I have done seem to indicate that it is very comfortable to wear. I currently own a RedMax G5300 chainsaw that I have been very happy with.

Any input would be appreciated.

/ Stihl EB600 or RedMax EBZ8050 #2  
I recently tried out a friend's Stihl BR600 - a fair amount more power than my BR400. The four-stroke engine does well pulling the blower. Not having tried anything RedMax, I cannot speak on it. You'll not go wrong with Stihl though. Their handheld equipment has served me well for 20+ years.

/ Stihl EB600 or RedMax EBZ8050 #3  
I own both... the redmax is the one I pull out in the fall for leaf blowing... it will definitely out blow the stihl. The stihl is the one I use all of the rest of the year... it is much lighter, more comfortable to use, and I have less trouble with it maintenance wise (not that I have any major problems with the redmax, but it does seem to foul plugs some). Unless you are blowing a LOT of heavy debris, I would opt for the Stihl for general use. By the way, as someone else already pointed out, the stihl 600 is much more powerful than their 400 series blower.

/ Stihl EB600 or RedMax EBZ8050
I have a leaf vac on my Fast Cat Pro, so that does the majority of the leaf pick up. I am really looking for something to quickly clean my driveway in one pass.

/ Stihl EB600 or RedMax EBZ8050 #5  
I have had a stihl backpack blower for 14 years. I have changed the spark plug 3 times. That is it. Buy the Stihl. It will start EVERY time.:D

/ Stihl EB600 or RedMax EBZ8050
I got the Stihl, I have only used it for about 10 minutes this morning. It has some serious power.

/ Stihl EB600 or RedMax EBZ8050 #7  
I own both... the redmax is the one I pull out in the fall for leaf blowing... it will definitely out blow the stihl.

Interesting. I looked at both, tried both, and the Stihl puts out more CFM at the same speed from the end of the tube. Statistics and facts seem to show that it's only your opinion, not fact, that the RedMax will blow more. The facts show the opposite. I bought the Stihl BR600 and haven't looked back. Nothing personal, but facts mean more to me than opinions.

/ Stihl EB600 or RedMax EBZ8050 #8  
I have a Redmax 70001 ? It's just down from largest Red max 80001? It's a heck of a blower. I don't have second thoughts about buying this blower....I think the 8050 is the same as the old 70001 Redmax is now owned by Husqvarna. If you can't beat the competition. You buy them out:laughing:

/ Stihl EB600 or RedMax EBZ8050 #10  
Interesting. I looked at both, tried both, and the Stihl puts out more CFM at the same speed from the end of the tube. Statistics and facts seem to show that it's only your opinion, not fact, that the RedMax will blow more. The facts show the opposite. I bought the Stihl BR600 and haven't looked back. Nothing personal, but facts mean more to me than opinions.

Stats from a manufacturer's spec sheet are only printing on a sheet of paper... facts are real life performance. I have owned 2 Stihl BR400 series backpack blowers, 2 Redmax 8000 series blowers, and one Stihl BR600 blower. In real life applications, my personal experience is that the RedMax will out blow the Stihl BR 600 blower... THAT is a FACT. Two other friends who are in the landscaping business have had the same experience...THAT is a FACT. The RedMax blowers take several tanks of gas to break in to the point where they develop maximum performance. Maybe that is what was missing in your comparison.

As I said originally, the BR600 is an excellent blower... powerful, lightweight and comfortable. I use the Stihl all summer long for that reason, but when I need to move large volumes of leaves, trash, pinestraw, or whatever when doing fall and spring cleanups, the RedMax is the one I grab, because it is the one that performs better. Unless myself and my friends have somehow managed to purchase BR600's that are somehow defective compared to all the other's in use, I stand by my original statements...