Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tractor
    JD 2520

Default Stihl EB600 or RedMax EBZ8050

I am going to buy a new blower this weekend and I am leaning towards the Stihl, but the RedMax is a close second. The Stihl seems to have the lighter weight design and the googles that I have done seem to indicate that it is very comfortable to wear. I currently own a RedMax G5300 chainsaw that I have been very happy with.

Any input would be appreciated.
    JD 2520 with 200CX, 46BH, BB1060 box blade and 54 front blade, Artillian forks, IMD 10K generator, Wallenstein BX42r
    Bob Cat FastCat Pro 48

Veteran Member

Default Re: Stihl EB600 or RedMax EBZ8050

I recently tried out a friend's Stihl BR600 - a fair amount more power than my BR400. The four-stroke engine does well pulling the blower. Not having tried anything RedMax, I cannot speak on it. You'll not go wrong with Stihl though. Their handheld equipment has served me well for 20+ years.

Tractor
    kubota L3400HST

I own both... the redmax is the one I pull out in the fall for leaf blowing... it will definitely out blow the stihl. The stihl is the one I use all of the rest of the year... it is much lighter, more comfortable to use, and I have less trouble with it maintenance wise (not that I have any major problems with the redmax, but it does seem to foul plugs some). Unless you are blowing a LOT of heavy debris, I would opt for the Stihl for general use. By the way, as someone else already pointed out, the stihl 600 is much more powerful than their 400 series blower.
    L3400HST, L463 FEL, Markham toothbar, Markham Grapple, Woods BH80-X, 5 1/2' United box blade,6' Leinbach scrape blade, Pallet forks, 5' King Kutter RM, 56" First choice tiller, Leinbach rake

Tractor
    JD 2520

I have a leaf vac on my Fast Cat Pro, so that does the majority of the leaf pick up. I am really looking for something to quickly clean my driveway in one pass.
    JD 2520 with 200CX, 46BH, BB1060 box blade and 54 front blade, Artillian forks, IMD 10K generator, Wallenstein BX42r
    Bob Cat FastCat Pro 48

Tractor
    1996 John Deere 955

I have had a stihl backpack blower for 14 years. I have changed the spark plug 3 times. That is it. Buy the Stihl. It will start EVERY time.
    JD 955, 70A FEL, 72" MMM, 12" PHD, 16 Ton Ramsplitter Logsplitter, JD GT275

Tractor
    JD 2520

I got the Stihl, I have only used it for about 10 minutes this morning. It has some serious power.
    Bob Cat FastCat Pro 48

Tractor
    Jinma, Foton, TYM, Belarus, Yanmar, Branson, Montana, Mahindra and maybe some green and orange too.

Quote Originally Posted by westbrooklawn View Post
    I own both... the redmax is the one I pull out in the fall for leaf blowing... it will definitely out blow the stihl.
    Interesting. I looked at both, tried both, and the Stihl puts out more CFM at the same speed from the end of the tube. Statistics and facts seem to show that it's only your opinion, not fact, that the RedMax will blow more. The facts show the opposite. I bought the Stihl BR600 and haven't looked back. Nothing personal, but facts mean more to me than opinions.
    1982 18" Murray push mower (B&S industrial 8 hp engine!) custom deck, new blade - became unbalanced when one side old blade broke off!
    HF moving dolly - high torque! Dogbone multi-wrench too..wait, it split on first use.
    My trash man is the greatest. No matter how bad the economy gets and how bad stocks drop or how bad home values drop, his business is always picking up.

Tractor
    yanmar 3110D

I have a Redmax 70001 ? It's just down from largest Red max 80001? It's a heck of a blower. I don't have second thoughts about buying this blower....I think the 8050 is the same as the old 70001 Redmax is now owned by Husqvarna. If you can't beat the competition. You buy them out
    A Fredricks Yanmar 3110D
    07 Dodge 2500 5.9 Cummins
    Husky 372xp
    Husky 55 Rancher
    Maruyama trimmer
    Husky trimmer
    Redmax BP blower
    Toro zero turn
    North Star 4 K PSI pressure washer
    Honda 300 4 trax
    Yamaha Timberwolf
    liquid logic coupe kayak
    16' Tow Master Dump Trailer ,20' Yanmar Hauler

Gold Member
    Tractor
    bx24

Thumbs up Re: Stihl EB600 or RedMax EBZ8050

they both arent cheap
    07 bx 24 polaris 800 sportsman

Tractor
    kubota L3400HST

Quote Originally Posted by Dargo View Post
    Interesting. I looked at both, tried both, and the Stihl puts out more CFM at the same speed from the end of the tube. Statistics and facts seem to show that it's only your opinion, not fact, that the RedMax will blow more. The facts show the opposite. I bought the Stihl BR600 and haven't looked back. Nothing personal, but facts mean more to me than opinions.
    Stats from a manufacturer's spec sheet are only printing on a sheet of paper... facts are real life performance. I have owned 2 Stihl BR400 series backpack blowers, 2 Redmax 8000 series blowers, and one Stihl BR600 blower. In real life applications, my personal experience is that the RedMax will out blow the Stihl BR 600 blower... THAT is a FACT. Two other friends who are in the landscaping business have had the same experience...THAT is a FACT. The RedMax blowers take several tanks of gas to break in to the point where they develop maximum performance. Maybe that is what was missing in your comparison.

As I said originally, the BR600 is an excellent blower... powerful, lightweight and comfortable. I use the Stihl all summer long for that reason, but when I need to move large volumes of leaves, trash, pinestraw, or whatever when doing fall and spring cleanups, the RedMax is the one I grab, because it is the one that performs better. Unless myself and my friends have somehow managed to purchase BR600's that are somehow defective compared to all the other's in use, I stand by my original statements...
    L3400HST, L463 FEL, Markham toothbar, Markham Grapple, Woods BH80-X, 5 1/2' United box blade,6' Leinbach scrape blade, Pallet forks, 5' King Kutter RM, 56" First choice tiller, Leinbach rake

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast