Sthil FS 90

/ Sthil FS 90
First thanks everyone for the replies. I am feeling more comfortable that the 90 will fit my needs, as for the 130,,, well I have been known to buy bigger than I needed and it has benifited me greatly over the years.

I am going to stop buy tomorrow on the way out to my property and likely make the decision or not then.

HCJ I used my chain saw for a while to get to where I am now, but I got tired of bending over and throwing chains on the small stuff. My saw dosent do good against big old rose bushes or thorns my current trimmer just beats away at anything with a stem.. Really it comes down to bending down or over for a signifigant time, my back aint having it anymore. I will maintain the trails once established with a pull behind brush mower when it comes time for that.

If you want a good idea of what they can do go to u tube and type in fs250 some really impressive videos of people who use them for a living thinning trees.

/ Sthil FS 90 #12  
Hey Rio. The chainsaw i was talking about is on a pole like a weed trimmer, so you dont have to bend down. It has about a 4 ft. shaft. The Kombi system uses a standard Sthil motor available is about 4 or 5 sizes and has a connector at midshaft where you can add multiple implements. So one motor can power many different tools. I never throw chains (but they do dull fairly quickly, so I cycle 6 spares over a growing season) Its very light and balanced and requires no harness or even a strap. I can carry it all day and cut hundreds of saplings, limbs, small trees etc. Thats the easy part. The hard part is picking up all the debris. I have it down to a science. After dropping all this in the road or trail, I follow with my grapple and a box blade on the back, and collect it and make piles. I usually never even have to touch the stuff with my hands.

I will check out you referece on U tube. Never seen one of those used.

/ Sthil FS 90
Well it took 3 months but I finally pulled the trigger on a FS90. Pretty impressed with it compared to what I had. I can definately recomend it to anyone looking for an entry level brush cutter.

/ Sthil FS 90 #14  
If you want a good idea of what they can do go to u tube and type in fs250 some really impressive videos of people who use them for a living thinning trees.

I bought a FS250 last year. This thing is a beast. Love the handle bars for making wide swipes and the shoulder harness is very comfortable. I run this thing for several hours at a time. Very pleased with it to say the least. Don't think you can go wrong with a Stihl trimmer. There is nothing on the market to compare with their head design IMO. Have never had to untangle anything from it.

IMG00174.jpg

IMG00175.jpg

IMG00348.jpg

/ Sthil FS 90 #15  
Just curious - What is the cost for the chain saw pruner attachment for the FS90? I dont see prices listed on the dealers stihl website..

is this attachment the same as the Kombi stuff??

thanks
b

/ Sthil FS 90 #16  
Just curious - What is the cost for the chain saw pruner attachment for the FS90? I dont see prices listed on the dealers stihl website..

is this attachment the same as the Kombi stuff??

thanks
b

I was quote $149 by the local dealer.

/ Sthil FS 90 #17  
thatguy - the MSRP at Boone is $179.95 - with Cash there is a $10 discount.. I will check our site and let Stihl know the price for this was not there - Alot of my customers buy this attachment and mount it at an angle to cut small trees at ground level as well as limbs on a tree

/ Sthil FS 90 #18  
thatguy - the MSRP at Boone is $179.95 - with Cash there is a $10 discount.. I will check our site and let Stihl know the price for this was not there - Alot of my customers buy this attachment and mount it at an angle to cut small trees at ground level as well as limbs on a tree

Thanks.. I think 'santa' is going to bring me a FS90 (or similar) this year and I need to trim some trees because my ROPS hits them..

I thought about renting/buying one dedicated pole saw, and my neighbor refused to stand in the bucket of the tractor with a chainsaw as I raised him up (joking) - and then I just found out that there is a Stihl option to consider

thanks..
brian

/ Sthil FS 90 #19  
Always had stihl trimmer. But have to borrow pruning saw and trimmers from a friend. Got the FS90 and don't have to borrow Sh#t. I will not use a straight 2 stroke stilhl trimmer again. If I have help they get to use my old FS76. Still runs good but the 4 mix is so much easier to operate. You don't have to wind it up to get results.

/ Sthil FS 90 #20  
Thanks.. I think 'santa' is going to bring me a FS90 (or similar) this year and I need to trim some trees because my ROPS hits them..

I thought about renting/buying one dedicated pole saw, and my neighbor refused to stand in the bucket of the tractor with a chainsaw as I raised him up (joking) - and then I just found out that there is a Stihl option to consider

thanks..
brian

Just picked up a FS90R and a fs250R- both used- plan to convert 250R to 250- with the attachments the dealers don't recommend the non "R" series because the handlebar actually gets in the when trying to use the attachments (as opposed to the loop handle or the loop barrier bar setup)- I think it can be done but will be more akward I think.