Double your Stihl warranty..

/ Double your Stihl warranty.. #1  

thatguy

Elite Member
Tractor
John Deere 2320
I found this on another tractor forum (please dont think badly of me, I venture their to stay busy at nights LOL)...

IF you buy a 6 pack of the Stihl Ultra HP oil at the time of the equipment (string trimmers, brush cutters, clearing saws, blowers, sprayers, vacuum/shredders, hedge trimmers, edgers, tree pruners, power sweepers etc) you can double your warranty..

Link to warranty STIHL Incorporated USA -- Manufacturing the World's Number One Selling Brand of Chain Saws click on the 'double my warranty' for all the details (also attached) See Section 2D

just wanted to share..

Attachments

• STIHLInc_Limited_Warranty1.11.pdf
    28.9 KB · Views: 205
   / Double your Stihl warranty.. #2  
Now you tell me.:(:)

I bought a new Stihl trimmer (FS90R) and a six-pack of Stihl High-Performance oil (orange bottle) on Tuesday. I would have gone with the Ultra oil had I known this. I've never had a Stihl product fail me, so I'm not too upset.

Steve

/ Double your Stihl warranty..
Im surprised the dealer didnt mention it to you.. although it was listed on the warranty page, I had never noticed it before

Keep us posted on how you like the FS90r (is that the bicycle handle one?).. I will need a new trimmer soon and it is on a short list of ones to look at..

Brian

/ Double your Stihl warranty.. #4  
Im surprised the dealer didnt mention it to you.. although it was listed on the warranty page, I had never noticed it before

Keep us posted on how you like the FS90r (is that the bicycle handle one?).. I will need a new trimmer soon and it is on a short list of ones to look at..

Brian

Brian,

The store was doing a lot of business and I had pretty well decided on what I wanted, so I didn't spend that much time with the salesman. I didn't ask about the warranty -- I may have jogged his memory had I done so.

The FS90R has the loop handle, the FS90 has the bike handles. I bought the Stihl for use at my residence and don't expect to use it for more than an hour or so per week. I have two Husqvarna brushcutters with bike handles that I use at my farm for clearing privet, saplings, etc. I like the bike handles and would not have gone the loop handle route if I was going to be using the Stihl more often.

Happy shopping.

Steve

/ Double your Stihl warranty.. #5  
I don't know when they came out with the Stihl Ultra HP 2-cycle oil. I used the old Stihl High Performance 2-cycle oil for the first 3 or 4 years I had my FS55RC string trimmer, but have been using the Ultra HP for a couple of years in both my Stihl string trimmer and in my Mantis tiller. I also wonder how many people use "regular" (87 octane) gasoline when Stihl specifically recommends at least 89 octane. Personally, I use the 89 octane in all my small engines, both 2 and 4 cycle, and I also add Stabil to it for both 2 and 4 cycle. I do sometimes use much older gasoline than they recommend, but both my 6 year old Stihl string trimmer and my 4 year old Mantis tiller still run great and start easily.

/ Double your Stihl warranty.. #6  
I bought a string trimmer about a month ago and took advantage of it. I assume its pretty good oil and I'll use it in time.

/ Double your Stihl warranty.. #7  
I missed out on this deal too. Bought a MS362 saw a couple of months ago, fortunately I'm pretty confident my dealer will take care of me should I need it.

/ Double your Stihl warranty.. #8  
I recently bought a Kombi motor and string trimmer and took advantage of the double warranty. One thing my dealer did tell me was that I must be able to show the original receipt if I need service into the double period.

Paul

/ Double your Stihl warranty..
I recently bought a Kombi motor and string trimmer and took advantage of the double warranty. One thing my dealer did tell me was that I must be able to show the original receipt if I need service into the double period.

Paul

I'll add - in the warranty fine print it does say that the equipment and oil must be shown on the receipt as purchased at the same time..

Still a pretty good deal..

brain