Echo srm-210 still won't throttle up

/ Echo srm-210 still won't throttle up #1  

jojo200517

Tractor
Tafe 35DI
Up to this year I have really liked my Echo SRM-210 straight shaft string trimmer. Now i'm beginning to hate it with a passion.

The basics is it will fire up within 2 pulls, and idle most likely until it ran out of gas but give it the throttle and above about 1/4th it sputters a bit and dies.

So far I have
*changed cracked primer bulb (ah ha kinda moment but did not fix it :( )
*put in fresh fuel with correct fuel oil mix
*changed air filter and fuel filter
*changed spark plug, set gap correctly
*removed muffler, cleaned spark screen, cleaned exhaust port of minimal buildup, replaced muffler
*put rebuild kit in carb following a video on youtube, made sure to clean it really well with carb cleaner as I went and double checked all assembly
(this carb only has 1 adjustment for the idle position no mix screws)

*checked all fuel lines for good condition

I really can't figure out what else it could be but it still seems like its not getting enough fuel, and in fact a small amount of pressure on the fuel primer bulb as you give it throttle will make it go almost to wide open throttle.

The only thing else I can see wrong is this silly little thing around where the lines go into the tank is kinda rotten looking but the lines are new as of last year and in great shape.

Edit: i'm about ready to go buy a stihl this thing is driving me mad, any help would be appreciated.

/ Echo srm-210 still won't throttle up #2  
:mad: Check all fuel lines ,even where they enter the tank. It sounds like it is sucking air instead of fuel when you throttle up.

/ Echo srm-210 still won't throttle up #3  
I had fuel problems when my State changed the fuel recipe... so did a lot of older cars with rubber lines... the only person I knew that was happy was the corner garage...

/ Echo srm-210 still won't throttle up #4  
Hi! I have SRM-230. Echo run with a very poor mixture( gas vs air) And run bad when cold . We must run idle for 3 min. First Empty gas tank and refuel with Super gas (91 not the regular) mix with Echo 50-1. May be Trouble can be between engine intake gaskets (2) retight when engine is hot. In last Check with pressure engine crankcase. Good luck ! Oldmech

/ Echo srm-210 still won't throttle up #5  
For some reason, some of the new small 2 cycle engines seem to have trouble with this stuff we're getting out of the gas pump lately. I burned the piston on a brand new Husqvarna chainsaw with gas mix I'd been running on the old saw. My new Echo replacement wouldn't take throttle with it either. When I took it back to the dealer, he took it back to the shop and brought it out 2 minutes later. Walked out to the lot and fired it up then throttled wide open. What did he do? Drained the gas and refilled it with his hi-test mix with Star-Tron additive.
That's what I've been using ever since and haven't had a problem. My leaf blower was doing the same thing and has since quit.

/ Echo srm-210 still won't throttle up
I have good 2 cycle oil, (i think it was stihl, whatever the dealer had setting on the counter). I mixed it 50-1 with fresh pumped 91 octane from the local CITGO. However I did notice all the pumps there and pretty much everywhere else says something like "contains 10% ethanol".

I have rechecked all the fuel lines and they all seem to have no holes or breakdown. I guess i'm gonna pick up one of these grommet things that goes in the tank where the lines make their exit and see if that helps, it leaks upside down anyway so I need to replace that. Then the next step is gonna be drive 20 miles away to a little gas station that everyone swears has 100% straight gas with no ethanol mix. I had a guy tell me he gets all his fuel for his small engines there and hasn't had problems since he started doing so.

What does the StarTron additive do? Is it similar to seafoam?

/ Echo srm-210 still won't throttle up #8  
I used to be able to buy non-ethanol fuel, sadly that option is now gone. I still have about 10 gallons left and have been looking for something to combat the potential ethanol problems for the fuel used my small engines and boat. I found this and have bought a bottle, but have not used it yet. Hope it works as advertised!

/ Echo srm-210 still won't throttle up #9  
I have a 2006 Echo SRM-210i trimmer. Been pretty good except last fall it started needing ether to get it started. Seems like a major issue with two-cycle engines is keeping them revved up to keep the carbon from building up in them, which can be a challenge with a trimmer when you are in danger of throwing pebbles far, etc. And having ethanol gas in them could be hard on them, especially over long periods of nonuse.

/ Echo srm-210 still won't throttle up #10  
Called service today on my trimmer and the first question asked was if I keep fuel in the tank when not in use???

I said of course I do... I use my trimmer at least 52 days each year... once a week.

Apparently, fuel related problems are a major problem in California...