To buy a trimmer w/ attachments or to not?

/ To buy a trimmer w/ attachments or to not? #1  

isuhunter

Tractor
JD 185 Hydro
I'm looking to buy a weed trimmer (probably Husqvarna 138LD or 223L). Qould you buy one with the capability of attachments? My thoughts are not to. I think sears has the 223L priced at $199.

What does everyone else think?

/ To buy a trimmer w/ attachments or to not? #2  
I thought it was a good idea, until I saw that the attachments cost about the same as a complete, powered item to do the same job.

Bruce

/ To buy a trimmer w/ attachments or to not?
I thought it was a good idea, until I saw that the attachments cost about the same as a complete, powered item to do the same job.

Bruce

That was my thought.

/ To buy a trimmer w/ attachments or to not? #4  
I supposed the attachments are a good idea for some people, but not for me. Maybe it depends on how much you think you might use each of the attachments.

/ To buy a trimmer w/ attachments or to not?
I supposed the attachments are a good idea for some people, but not for me. Maybe it depends on how much you think you might use each of the attachments.

Personally I think I'd rather go with a separate blower and fixed shaft trimmer. I can probably buy a used tiller for 50 bucks.

/ To buy a trimmer w/ attachments or to not? #6  
We love our Echo...Already we have the string trimmer attachment, brush cutter attachment, hedge trimmer attachment, and extension pole...:thumbsup: