Wood Splitting Axe/Maul

/ Wood Splitting Axe/Maul #11  
It came yesterday, only had one 12" piece of walnut to try it on, worked well! I'll be bringing more wood home tomorrow that will need split. ~~ grnspot

/ Wood Splitting Axe/Maul #12  
I broke a fiberglass handle 8lb maul from home depot, 6 days old. I need the added weight of a maul. I am 130lb. female, so I have less *** to put in it. I love using a splitting maul, I use it for everything down to kindling wood. I outgrew my reg. axe. I really liked the handle on the maul, because it had a rubber protector, right where it shattered, but most of all it had the rubber gripper, so a lot less f擁ng up. I am looking for another one, preferably a fiber handle that won't shatter, but definitely with the rubber gripper. I'd really like a 10-12 lb. maul. Any advice. Walmart has nothing in the store. I've been to numerous stores, hate to order off line, would rather check it out before buying.

/ Wood Splitting Axe/Maul
I broke a fiberglass handle 8lb maul from home depot, 6 days old. I need the added weight of a maul. I am 130lb. female, so I have less *** to put in it. I love using a splitting maul, I use it for everything down to kindling wood. I outgrew my reg. axe. I really liked the handle on the maul, because it had a rubber protector, right where it shattered, but most of all it had the rubber gripper, so a lot less f擁ng up. I am looking for another one, preferably a fiber handle that won't shatter, but definitely with the rubber gripper. I'd really like a 10-12 lb. maul. Any advice. Walmart has nothing in the store. I've been to numerous stores, hate to order off line, would rather check it out before buying.

Try the Fiskars....you'll be surprised.

/ Wood Splitting Axe/Maul #14  
if you are in Canada go to Canadian tire they have a 6 pound item with a yellow compasite handle (40" long). The best part is they guarintee it for life. And I mean they do guarintee it! I got one a few years ago it splits like butter with that long handle the 6 pound head really does a job:thumbsup:. Any way last spring I drove over it with the tractor and the metal split (where the handle goes through) I took it back told them exactly what happened, and they shrugged passed me a new one and sent me on my way :).
Ya gotta like it when you get the customer service.

/ Wood Splitting Axe/Maul #15  
Try the Fiskars....you'll be surprised.

I have to say, i was surprised. My 8lb maul was getting buried into the rounds i was trying to split, right up to the where the handle goes in. I got a fiskar and with four hits, got a split going then it was whack whack whack into quarters. I think the finish has a lot to do with it. It doesn't get stuck into the wood.

/ Wood Splitting Axe/Maul #16  
Some of the handle breaking is the learning curve. When I started splitting with a maul, I would go through a lot of handles. It did not really pay to split wood. As I split more and more wood I realized I was hitting the handle sometimes by over swinging the maul. Now, I get the maul moving down and let the weight of the maul do the work. Not so much powering it trough the wood and I have not broke a handle in a long time.

I also like the idea of the guaranteed handle, just in case. Kids started swinging the maul here, so now I have a broke handle that needs replaced.

/ Wood Splitting Axe/Maul #17  
I get along great with my Fiskars X27! Don't use the 8lb. mauls anymore & especially don't use the "Monster Maul" for splitting anymore!!! ~~ grnspot